 Star Wars / 6432
Re: What can we expect?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 16:24:52 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Scott P. Costello writes:
I have been seriously thinking about this; how many more classic vehicles can
be made?  Looking at the rebel vehicles, it appears that they have all been
done.  The only remaining vehicles are too big to make a mini-fig size
vehicle, and not charge $200.  Perhaps that is why Lego talks about making
imperial ships next go around.

Here is my unofficial list, please add to it as needed.

Rebel ships:
1. X-wing (done)
2. Millennium Falcon (coming soon)
3. Y-wing (done)
4. A-wing (done)
5. B-wing (done)
6. Land speeder (done)
7. Snow speeder (done)
8. Blockade runner, troop transport, mon calmari ship (all too big for lego)

Imperial ships:
1. Tie fighter (why not yet?)
2. Darth vader's tie (done)
3. Tie bomber (soon I hope)
4. Tie interceptor (soon I hope)
5. slave 1 (done)
6. speeder bikes (done)
7. desert skiff (done)
8. AT-AT (maybe, although if it is to scale it will be huge)
9. AT-ST (soon I hope)
10. shuttle craft (soon I hope)
11. super/standard star destroyer, death star (again too big for a lego set)

Just my opinion, please respond and let me know what you think.  If this
license is going to run for seven more years, what else will we see from the
classic line?

Scott

I expect we'll see the TIE fighter soon, with a System AT-AT along with it, or
soon thereafter, since the TIE pilot and AT-AT pilots wear nearly identical
helmets, with the TIEs' being black and the AT-ATs' being in white.

I would hope to see some playsets being issued soon.  One idea, would be to
cast the "river & mountains" baseplate in tan, and have it serve as the scene
where Luke is attacked by sandpeople and rescued by Obi-Wan.  The set is
basically already done - throw in the landspeeder, R2, 3PO, Luke, a new
'hooded' Obi-Wan, a couple sandpeople, and some tan and brown bricks & burps,
along with that canyon-like baseplate, and there you go!

Kevin