 Star Wars / 6468
Re: Website
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 15:42:39 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Mark Sandlin writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Ben Vaughan writes:
My Ronin has TB ball and sockets for hips.  I think I camouflaged them
pretty well, all you can see are the triangular points on the inner thighs.

Ben

What method did you use for securing the "armor" plates to the Throwbots
pieces. There are only 2 technic holes in them, so that makes it
kind of difficult.

Mark, I've also pretty much succeeded in camoflaging the TB pieces.  I have 2
new mecha on the new Pallas Spaceworks site (not published yet) the Hissha and
the Ryu.  Both of them use camoflaged TB ball & socket joints for the hips (the
Ryu uses them for the knees also).  I used two different methods for the
camoflage, one pretty close to total (but bulky) and the other more streamlined
(but with some elements exposed).  If you like, I can email you DAT files of
the sub-assemblies.

I'm also interested in seeing Ben's method.  I imagine that there are many many
ways to cover them up...

--Karim