 Star Wars / 6443
Re: Got Slave-1 and Flash Speeder today!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 08:55:36 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, David Simmons writes:
I got over my initial disappointment at TLG's rendering of Boba Fett's ship
fairly quickly.  I knew I was going to get at least one, but now I know I'll
be getting a few more.  A terrific set for green and brown, although I'm a
little peeved about those 2x10x2 brown bricks stuck in there.  It would have
been far better if they'd used 2x2x2 sloped bricks, a piece we don't see
nearly enough of.  Also, I'd rather they used 2x2 corner bricks in green for
the tops of the wing supports than four 1x2 slopes.

     I obtained the Slave-1 set shortly after its release.  The big let down
for me are the accessories for the figurine.  To be more specific, I really
hate the combining of Boba Fett's helmet and jetpack into one-piece.  If I
were a younger lego enthusiast, I'd be a little upset that I couldn't use that
cool backpack without that helmet (or vice versa).  Sadly, this piece is one
of a few new headwear from the SW theme that don't seem to fit quite
correctly.  The Padme hair and the Qui Gon hair are the other two.  But the
bad fit of the headgear dosen't bother me as much as the helmet/jetpack does.