 Star Wars / 6411
Re: Glued pieces
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 17:43:48 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Alberto Donadoni writes:
Hi everybody,

this is my first post, and i know it's off topic for the newsgroup, but i've
been reading you guys since such a long time now that i felt more
comfortable asking this to some "familiar" people!

I'd have the chance of buying a set which was glued for displaying purpose
at a very good price, but i was wondering if it's easy (or even possible) to
separate the pieces without ruining them (some particular solvent or
something like that).

I had a similar opportunity, and it is heartbreaking to admit to yourself but
you should just forget about it.   Those pieces ain't eva comin apart, there is
no solvent that can help you.  Plastic glues work by chemically melting the
plastic together so all those pieces are most likely ruined.

    sorry