 Star Wars / *13098 (-100)
  Re: Where is the Queen?

(...) No Kidding. I saw some new Ep II action figures, and saw "Padme Amidala". It had her white outfit, ripped in the middle, bearing her mid-section (above the waist), she was chained to what looked like a wooden tree stump. To me, it brought back (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Local KMart Finds

(...) Go for it. Not only did I get the RBR as I posted, but I went out and picked up a Yoda at another Target. I was going to try Wal-Mart but they were Yoda free. But the Target down the road had some. If you go to Target look carefully. The (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Where is the Queen?

(...) Bah, who knows. We'll probably see more Episode 2 sets, and I bet Amidala will appear in a larger one (sex sells; check out the only set that Leia appears in. Phooey.) I'm not so bummed about not having a formally dressed Amidala; none of the (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Episode II Set Comments

Well I just purchased the Bounty Hunter Pursuit last night, meaning I now have every EpII set except for the Republic Gunship (sadness...you meanie AFOLs, with your Republic Gunships and Tantive IVs ;^) Figured I'd comment on what I think of them so (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Local KMart Finds

Woowee! Everyone's never-say-die attitude has inspired me. I'm out to hit the Kmarts hard tomorrow, and if they don't yield up the RBR, then dang it, another retailer will have to pick up the slack. I've got my Kmart flier as my ticket to more (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Local KMart Finds

Congratulations! I'm glad to see that I am not the only one who was able to get the RBR under this deal! Good Luck on you Yoda search! C (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Local KMart Finds

Checking four local Kmarts yielded only one (Manatee Avenue West, Bradenton, Florida, USA) with a full supply of new Lego Star Wars discounted 20%. Regular marked prices appeared correct when compared to Lugnet. Technic sets included Jango Fett, (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Local KMart Finds

(...) Well I had some this afternoon. On my way home from work I hit a defferent Target than the one I went to yesterday. Both the cashier I got and the manager type that she called over to OK the price match had no problems. I am now the proud (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: OT and with a spoiler - but I'm HYPED!!

"Matt Hamand" <mhamand1@juno.com> wrote in message news:GvHwJ7.IH2@lugnet.com... (...) had (...) movie (...) I'm in the UK and got mine via Amazon - didn't get a choice of cover and don't think there are any alternatives over here anyway (??). Mine (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Local KMart Finds

(...) No Gunship either at the local Kmart I stopped at monday. Thought the same thing about how much money off it would be. That for sure made it tempting had it been there. travis (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Local KMart Finds

(...) <snip> (...) Yes, I took the K-Mart ad from the Sunday paper. You should be able to pick up some copies of it from the service desk at a K-Mart. Good Luck! C (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: OT and with a spoiler - but I'm HYPED!!

(...) I picked mine up at Costco last week. Only US$12.49. I was really glad I had a CD player in my car after that. Which cover did you get? I chose the movie poster one. The others are Yoda, Jango Fett, and Padme & Anakin. Matt . . . can't wait (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Local KMart Finds

(...) I think you did get lucky. I might hit a TRU and another Target on my way home and try to replicate your luck. Did you have anything from K-Mart showing the sale? I can't find an ad or anything that shows the sale. Good Work Matt (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Local KMart Finds

(...) Seems that I got lucky then: (URL) got the RBR at Target, price matched to K-Mart. Target did not want to do it, but then did it anyway. This was on a Sunday evening, with a large line behind me. Don't know if that helped any. The Yodas and (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  OT and with a spoiler - but I'm HYPED!!

SPOILER SPACE . . . . . SPOILER SPACE . . . . . SPOILER SPACE . . . . . SPOILER SPACE . . . . . SPOILER SPACE . . . . . My copy of the Episode II soundtrack arrived today - I was just playing track 13 (Confrontation with Count Dooku and Finale) and (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ep II Slave I Backsection

(...) to (...) something? (...) scheming (...) I tried reading part one of that series, but gave up well before the end. Andrew. (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Local KMart Finds

(...) I asked this very question at the Target on Kearny Mesa Rd. No go. I was hoping to walk out with a RBR for $160. That's about the only way I was getting one of those without my fiance giving me a funny look. And she's an AFOL. Matt (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ep II Slave I Backsection

"Tony Knaak" <tknaaker@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GvGID0.50u@lugnet.com... (...) Tatooine (...) I. (...) packed (...) was (...) As Monica has already mentioned I'd suggest you read the Bounty Hunter Wars books by K.W. Jeter - that's all (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ep II Slave I Backsection

(...) You hit the nail on the head Dan, I just purchased The New Essential Guide to Characters and you had it almost word for word. There was a little something else I thought I'd add though. After Boba blasted out of the sarlacc, fellow hunter (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Where is the Queen?

A larger question would be why we didn't see a Queen Amidala minifig (in formal costume) as was pictured in the LEGO Episode I logo. All of the figs shown in both the Classic and Episode I logos were produced as illustrated... except this one.* (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Where is the Queen?

Has anyone noticed that LEGO did not make Queen Amadala for the new SW EP II Lego sets? Yes, I know she it not the queen anymore but this upcoming movie revolves around her and ankin and yet we get no minifig! WHY LEGO, WHY!!!! -AHui (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Local KMart Finds

(...) I went to several K-Marts in the San Diego Area an NO LUCK with the Gunship. At the last K-Mart I asked the manager if they even go any and the said NO. They got everything except the gunship.... I wonder if Target will honor the 20% discount? (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Local KMart Finds

I didn't see the Republic Gunship at my local Kmart, either - wonder if that's something they'd give a raincheck for? If you think about it, 20% off of $89.00 is a good chunk of saved change. mo www.galacticbrick.com (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ep II Slave I Backsection

(...) Oh, the mysteries of the universe. You ought to pick up The Bounty Hunter Wars series by K.W. Jeter and check out the details of Boba Fett's scheming ways. It's entertaining, though the dialogue and vocabulary get repetitive. mo (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  LOVE new colors, especially Zam's ship!

Hey all, Bounty Hunter pursuit was the most fun I've had building a Lego set in quite awhile. Both ships are solid and sturdy and are extremely swooshable. Zam's ship truly begs to be careened from room to room with the occasional cataclysmic crash. (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Review: 7163 Republic Gunship

(...) I bought this set last night, and trust me, it is much much much cooler during and after it is built. I really enjoyed putting this one together, and it comes with all kinds of neat pieces and movable parts (love those movable rear doors) that (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars)

  Local KMart Finds

At a Big KMart in Phoenix, near the Arizona Mills mall, found bunch of EP II sets, with 20% off sale. Regular LEGO stuff just about all cleared out, including bionicles. What I found: 7103 Jedi Duel 7113 Tusken Raider Encounter 7133 Bounty Hunter (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ep II Slave I Backsection

(...) suggest (...) Boba (...) completely (...) the (...) If Slave I was in orbit around Tatooine, how did Boba get to the surface to be eaten by the Sarlacc? Or did it fly up there on automatic or something? Is that some kind of security measure? (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  7153 Slave1 Review and Redesign

A buddy of mine, Bob, is a closet LEGO fan that has been kinda collecting Star Wars LEGO. His meek collection has a few Space sets, the Original Classic Trilogy sets and a couple of others. As a result, the newer colours (like Sand Green) are as new (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: S@H "Special Edition" Catalog

(...) I measured last night. 10 7/8" x 12 1/4" or 27.5cm x 31.1cm. Is that a standard size? Steve (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: S@H "Special Edition" Catalog

In my opinion, It is the best catalog they've ever done! Dave. (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Episode II Book

(...) yeah I've tried as hard as I can to stay away from spoilers everywhere since about the end of last year. It's been hard, and even reading the Time article this month spoiled one aspect for me. oh well. it's not long now til the movie (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Deconstructing Sarlacc Pit

Finally was able to free up some space and time to deconstruct the Sarlacc Pit and take pics. I hope this will give those who emailed me a better idea of how they can build their own. (URL) not Lego but Star Wars related, I've added our latest (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: Ep II Slave I Backsection

"Mark Nelson" <3nelsons@pressenter.com> wrote in message news:GvE661.JuM@lugnet.com... (...) produced (...) Uh oh, my Star Wars geek brain just kicked in ... In the movies the Slave I doesn't get destroyed - it's never seen again after Boba falls (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: legends space set, my thoughts as to the reasoning based on what brad has said

"Still, I dont really care, I can always get my space parts and sets (...) Amen brother! (22 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Episode II Book

(...) (URL) Salvatore is best known is Star Wars circles for penning _Vector Prime_, the first of the New Jedi Order books. The New Jedi Order (set 20+ years after ROTJ) is the plot direction much of the Expanded Universe has been taking for the (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Episode II Book

(...) Apparently the author of the Ep. II book, some guy named Salvatore, will be in a Bountiful, Utah library the day after Attack of the Clones hits the theatres (May 17) to talk about his book. That should be interesting. Wonder where else he'll (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ep II Slave I Backsection

(...) The Slave II is expanded universe, after RotJ once Boba gets free of the Sarlacc. Boba Fett's ship in ESB *is* the Slave I, but heavily modified from what we'll see in Ep II. (...) Well, that's the point. I'm pretty sure Lego left it open (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: S@H "Special Edition" Catalog

(...) Um, there is a lot of text but they have it both ways (yes, I got one of these in the mail today, unf. my mailperson mangled it a bit)... top: "the Fokker Dr 1 was one of the most famous planes of the early 20th century, known primarily as (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: S@H "Special Edition" Catalog

(...) Was the description of the Red Baron new? That was what really stood out to me---it was described as being from WWI. None of this "famous plane of the early part of the 20th century" nonsense we saw with the Sopwith Camel---TLC actually (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Luxury car

I've been throwing around the idea of a pizza delivery car that would cruise around the city of tomorrow (think Blade Runner's L.A./Fifth Element's New York/Coruscant) This isn't it: (URL) looks like a luxury car like a big mercedes or cadillac. I'm (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Clones? [was Re: 2002's good for Castle!]

(...) really do look a lot like Yellow Castle helmets, both in the brush on top and in the shape of the eye-slit. Can anyone who actually owns a clonetrooper comment on the similarity, or the appropriateness of the mold? From what I can see, a (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Episode II Book

I was on dark horizons (i think), and they had a link to a picture of the collectors cards for episode II, specifically, the index/checklist card- listing pivotal scenes/events in the flick. Lets just say that I don't have a whole lot of need to see (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: S@H "Special Edition" Catalog

Argh! I *swear* I typed "lugnet.starwars", not "lugnet.space". Oh, well. Consider it cross-posted. (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Episode II Book

(...) I glanced through the first couple of chapters in a copy I saw at a local Shop-Ko. Still think it's so odd how the books are being sold before the movie is even released. Although I did enjoy reading the paragraph on how Anakin liked going to (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Episode II Book

Not exactly LEGO oriented, and dunno if this is old news already, but I saw a copy (hardcover) of Star Wars Episode II - Attack of the Clones (book adaptation) on sale yesterday at Fry's Electronics in Phoenix, of all places. (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Love new pieces & colors, but . . .

"Monica Wilbur" <monica@galacticbrick.com> wrote in message news:GvD2nq.Ln3@lugnet.com... (...) not (...) Me too. Except in the English way ;) I have my sets built and shelved. I do have a few extra sets for some MOCs, such as my TIE Interceptor to (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Love new pieces & colors, but . . .

(...) I'm with you Monica. I don't have the time to be dreaming up MOCs anymore.... I buy them cuz they are SW AND Lego together in one. travis (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Anakin's Speeder

(...) Hmmmm, I had thought more people noticed already too. That popped out at me when I saw them posted online awhile back. I wasn't to excited about it. Although I picked it up yesterday for the T. Raiders, and I'll have to admit it's better than (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Error in my 7103 Jedi Duel

(...) I had the same problem: the print is totally misplaced in one of the blue curves. And I bought mine in Denmark, so it's probably from another production batch than yours. TLC seems to have a real quality issue with this! Arne Lykke Nielsen (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Re: Anakin's Speeder

(...) Duh, THAT'S what's been bugging me about it - thought it looked familiar and your thread reveals why. Man, my collection of excess minifig heads in exchange for a 'Shadows of the Empire' minifig set - Dash, IG-88, Xixor, Wampa, and oh, what (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Love new pieces & colors, but . . .

Sigh. Guess I'm a SW geek. It's all built models for me, although I try not to handle them unless I'm gently desecrating them in the name of truth, justice, and the American way. mo www.galacticbrick.com Where All SW LEGO Meet Their Maker (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: EpII Slave 1 - A.O.K.

(...) Great work, Matt. The customizing looks natural in its placement (not to mention its functionality). Think I'll take some notes for when I build my Ep. II Slave I (lots of roman numerals, there). mo www.galacticbrick.com (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Wesell's vessel can't stop top

WHAT ABOUT LEGO CUSTOMER SERVICE? Okay, mine's screwed up too. Yes the crash theory is good, and that's what I thought, but I WANT the cockpit to stay closed, w/out rubber bands, extra parts, etc. SOOOO..... Has anyone called lego on this. I know (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Wesell's vessel can't stop top

Isn't she, though? I'd have preferred an unmasked version, but eh. Guess they didn't have enough room on her tiny head for three face prints ;). mo www.galacticbrick.com (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Minor Spoiler

... so I picked up the EpII Incredible Corss Sections book this afternoon (only $9.99 after using the $10.00 gift certificate that one earns with a B&N MC ... yay!). Two points: (1) AT-TE, here I come :P (2) ... and I quote: "Stance mimics the (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Question about scale

(...) To be honest, the RBR is about 2 to 3 times smaller that minifig scale, it should be much bigger. I would consider this a big microfig or something inbetween micro and system. Jeremy Scott xpost to .starwars (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Anakin's Speeder

"Josh Opotzner" <Josh120@aol.com> wrote in message news:GvAv4L.AFI@lugnet.com... (...) It is a swoop bike. Anakin's speeder is the yellow car in the set that also includes Zam Wessel's ship. Take a look at the Anakin TV spot ((URL) which shows him (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ep.II Sets: I'm not that impressed

"Kai Brodersen" <kbrodersen@comcast.net> wrote in message news:GvBv5q.Lx4@lugnet.com... (...) That version appears to be a carrier rather than the gunship the LEGO model is supposed to portray. If you watch the TV spot that image was taken from (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Anakin's Speeder

I'm surprised nobody mentioned this yet...am I the only one who thinks the vehicle Anakin is using in the Tusken Raider Encounter is a Swoop Bike? They didn't do a bad job...I'm all over the way the rods angle down (to keep them from moving back up, (...) (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ep.II Sets: I'm not that impressed

(...) Thanks :-) I think the LEGO version is a fairly good starting point for building a more authentic Gunship. I might pick up that cross-section book too. KO (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Error in my 7103 Jedi Duel

(...) Yeah, I've had a couple printing problems with Ep2 sets. In the Duel the lines are visible off on the two curve-wedges--but since I'll probably Brasso them anyhow, that's OK. On a Tusken raider minifig, the medium brown on the front of the (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Re: Ep.II Sets: I'm not that impressed

(...) If you take a look at this photo: (URL) will notice that the gunship in the movie is a bit open in the back. But really there are some major design flaws in the LEGO version. --Kai (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ep.II Sets: I'm not that impressed

(...) Preparing myself (and my girlfriend) for the release of Ep II, I picked up the Gunship last week. The price almost made me weep, but wow does it look good. It is huge, mean and looks extremely purposeful. And it's got heaps of nifty parts! (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Love new pieces & colors, but . . .

That's for sure! Mine was around for about an hour or so but it has now been broken and sorted and, uh how do you say? ah yes, assimilated. ;) Dave. (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Error in my 7103 Jedi Duel

<snip> (...) I had a simular problem with my Jedi duel. I got a left and a right of the same piece you have wrong, however one side was prented shorter than the other. Derek Hawins (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Re: Love new pieces & colors, but . . .

Gents, Strange that you mention the integrity issue. I've read a few other posts describing the same problem and expected it. However, the completed model is extremely solid...definately more so than any other SW model I have with exception of the (...) (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: EpII Slave 1 - A.O.K.

Matt, Good idea with the struts...much improved. I figure with a few other slight modifications, it will be a more 'space worthy' design. I figure I'll wait until I see it in action to tinker with it.... Cheers, -G (...) (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Error in my 7103 Jedi Duel

Well this is my first known set error. I say known because 95% of what I buy is just sorted into my collection so other errors could have been present and I would not have known. Any way this is my problem... (URL) of hard to build the set with 2 (...) (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general)

  Re: Love new pieces & colors, but . . .

(...) Intregity is Key, you want to keep things similar to the target design, but usually that intergiry is traded for, instead, a weak structural design. When I think of this, I try to look back to the 7130 Snowspeeder, which made equal compromise (...) (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  LEGO Star Wars pens

From February issue of The Toy Book: "Six new Writing System pens are on the way for Star Wars. The line will include a 1 3/4 inch mini-figure as one of the connectable elements of each pen. Characters featured in the series are: Anakin Sykwalker, (...) (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general)

  Love new pieces & colors, but . . .

I love the new colors and pieces. I think the new dark blue will be my favorite new color. The new pieces are also especially good, particularly the faring pieces. The proportions and shape of the model are also much better than the first. It also (...) (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What color is Yoda's Cloak?

(...) Peeron calls it LtBrown, Bricklink calls it Dark Orange. Take your pick! John #388 (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Wesell's vessel can't stop top

(...) I rather doubt it, David. Very nice theory though! But there's a big difference between a canopy that pops open when you want and a canopy that never stays closed. By the way, my solution to it was to remove the short green technical beam (...) (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Wesell's vessel can't stop top

Actually that piece was made to do what it does for the same reason that the front wings pop off. In the movie her ship crashes ( a nice little fight scene involving anikan landing on top of it and slicing the wing off, almost losing his lightsaber (...) (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Three New Mini-Fig Customs

Hi guys, heres some new mini-figs i made: Orrimaarko (Prune Face) and episodes I and II Wattos. and the links: (URL) Homepage - (URL) (22 years ago, 28-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What color is Yoda's Cloak?

The Yoda set is basically 3 colors: Yoda's head is Sand Green Yoda's cloak is Tan (so, if you need tan, this is an excellent source!) Yoda's clothing(under the cloak) is what I call "rust"..that semi-brownish-reddish color. -Scott Lyttle (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

"Monica Wilbur" <monica@galacticbrick.com> wrote in message news:Gv7o1p.Ds@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) I did just this and I'm really happy with the results. Besides the problem with the click hinge on the canopy I think this is a gorgeous ship. My (...) (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Wesell's vessel can't stop top

(...) Mine is precisely like that. I mentioned something about it in passing in another post; it's very annoying indeed. The cause is precisely what you identified: The hinge piece's "tooth" is 90-degrees "off" from what you need to keep it shut in (...) (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars sets cost per piece analysis

(...) Totally instructive - how about figuring out a "most useful piece" ratio? What kills me the most is when I get a set with, say, 210 pieces and more than a third of them are overly specialized while another third are garbage pieces that have a (...) (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Both sides!

(...) Besides Zam Wesell? Amidala/Padme, from Ep.1, maybe. White powderpuffed face w/bad lipstick on the one side, normal everyday scowly face on the other side. mo www.galacticbrick.com Star Wars LEGO Spunky Folk (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Wesell's vessel can't stop top

(...) Ditto for me :(. I tried something not as innovative as the rubber bands, but that worked for me all the same. I removed the green pokey up hollow piece right behind the canopy. Under that, I put a 1x2 translucent yellow plate (gotta maintain (...) (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Wesell's vessel can't stop top

(...) "Me too" :( I played around with jury rigging it with rubber bands and got something that wasn't awful, but I eventually just decided that it was just poor design (*very* similar to the HP stairs-- I wonder if the molds were incorrectly (...) (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Wesell's vessel can't stop top

My copy is the same way, Jim. Looks like the tooth is on the wrong side of the canopy, which will flop open pretty easily - especially if the mandibles are off. -Matt . (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Wesell's vessel can't stop top

(...) I found that you can take one of the spare rubber bands and loop it over the 2 1x2 slope bricks on either side of the hinge and the cockpit will stay closed. (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Wesell's vessel can't stop top

I am having a moment of disappointment with my new Bounty Hunter Pursuit set that I'm wondering if others are experiencing. The issue: Zam Wesell's ship's canopy will not stay closed. I do not know if this is something intentional or accidental but (...) (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: EpII Slave 1 - A.O.K.

(URL) that should work a bit better -Matt . (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: EpII Slave 1 - A.O.K.

I'll have to agree, Gil. 7153 is a great improvement on the previous version. I was among those who were originally a bit puzzled by two Slave 1 sets, but I'm glad TLC gave it a facelift. I filled in the open gaps under the cockpit, and made the (...) (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  EpII Slave 1 - A.O.K.

Get it. Build it. Love it. Hidden weapons, bunchanew parts, swivling cockpit, peekabo engine, midnight blue, light forest green (made to go with lite grey), and faring pieces to spare. A little pricey (TRU $69 CAD), but the most fun I've had (...) (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Both sides!

What about Mary Jane in the new Spiderman sets? Anyone else noticed that she has two faces. Her hair covers up one face while, the other one faces forward. You can change her expressions using the two faces. Any idea of a SW character who could use (...) (22 years ago, 24-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: TRU (U.S.) will be giving out SW posters with purchase

"Maggie Cambron" <mcambron@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:Gv795y.Hv2@lugnet.com... (...) SW (...) every SW (...) ask (...) I got one of these today (bought another Yoda sculpture for parts - easily my favorite set in the current LEGO line up). (...) (22 years ago, 27-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars)

  TRU (U.S.) will be giving out SW posters with purchase

At my local TRU today (in California) there were signs posted around the SW LEGO display indicating they will be giving out a free SW poster with every SW LEGO purchase during May. A different one each week. Didn't have time to ask for details or (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Star Wars sets cost per piece analysis

Hey Dave, Thanks for posting that. The statistics are really quite interesting. There were some that I was definately surprised at, but others not at all. I have most of the sets except Millenium Falcon, MTT, Watto's Junkyard, Podrace Bucket, Ewok (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Star Wars sets cost per piece analysis

Out of curiosity, I checked out how the price per piece fared over 1999-2002, since I kinda had that "gut feeling" that 1999 sets were a better value. But try as I might, nothing doing. A few oddities. After factoring out UCS sets, minifig packs, (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Uploading to Brickshelf...SUCCESS!!

After months of frustrating "server errors" and failed attempts at uploading, I finally figured it out. All these SW MOCs are now months old, but take a look if you want. Now, if only this link works right.... -Matt (URL) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: What color is Yoda's Cloak?

(...) It's tan. Lots of tan, combined with moderate amounts of brown, sand green, and, uh... what are we calling it now, 'burnt orange'? The set's a great parts pack. -jeremiah- (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Who's doing the TRU Midnight Run?

A cut-rate toys place by me has stuff that was supposed to be exclusivly for the Shell gas stations (those little collect-all-ten one dollar thingies). Dave (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ep.II Sets: I'm not that impressed

(...) <<snip>> I guess they have to charge extra to cover the license with Lucas. Here in Sweden the LEGO prices are even higher [1] and I generally refuse to pay more then 0.10$ US per piece. [1] 7163 Republic Gunship is 1299 Skr in Sweden, which (...) (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ep.II Sets: I'm not that impressed

(...) Ohhhhh yeah... forgot about that since it's been out for a while... Though I agree it wasn't really a nice solid set like the snowspeeder, Naboo fighter or Boba's Slave I... DaveE (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Ep.II Sets: I'm not that impressed

(...) Jedi Starfighter is $20....no that its great or anything though. Jonathan (22 years ago, 26-Apr-02, to lugnet.starwars)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact