 Space / 14060
Re: Ep II Slave I Backsection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2002 23:53:24 GMT

In the movies the Slave I doesn't get destroyed - it's never seen again
after Boba falls into the Sarlacc. But if you read the EU books they suggest
that the Slave I in orbit around Tatooine is captured by the Alliance, Boba
escapes the Sarlacc, gets Slave II out (a different type of ship completely
to Slave I), spends a bit of time flying that, then rescues Slave I from the
Alliance and puts Slave II back into storage. Now I'll have to dig out my
novels again to check ;)

(cross-posted to .starwars, not sure how to change FUT in OE6!)

Dan

You hit the nail on the head Dan, I just purchased The New Essential Guide
to Characters and you had it almost word for word. There was a little
something else I thought I'd add though. After Boba blasted out of the
sarlacc, fellow hunter Dengar found him in the sand and saved him. Bossk,
the lizard bounty hunter, really didn't like Fett 'cause he cept stealing
his bounties, so when he heard that the Slave I was in orbit around Tatooine
and Fett was presumed dead in the sarlacc, Bossk went to steal the Slave I.
Bossk was then tricked into thinking his ship, the Hounds Tooth, was packed
full of explosives about to go off. Bossk fled in his escape pod, and Boba
Fett stole the Hounds Tooth to retrieve his Slave II, which was less
noticable. This gave Fett an advantage 'cause everyone still thought he was
dead.

out
tk