 Star Wars / 13074
13073  |  13075
Subject:
LOVE new colors, especially Zam's ship!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2002 15:25:49 GMT

Hey all,

Bounty Hunter pursuit was the most fun I've had building a Lego set in quite
awhile.  Both ships are solid and sturdy and are extremely swooshable.
Zam's ship truly begs to be careened from room to room with the occasional
cataclysmic crash.  The way the wings drop off is a terrific engineering
trick I'll have to remember, and is one of the reasons I always build a set
at least once to see what I can learn.  Even Anakin's speeder is a good
model, despite my initial abhorrence of the many specially molded decorative
bits.  It has really nice lines, although I still don't like the two yellow
plug-in vent pieces on either side of the rear.  Too flimsy.

I'm very happy with the sudden explosion of new colors recently.  The lime
green, orange, and light brown colors are great, especially in the
hairpieces. Even Anakin's and Obi-Wan's hair look different from each other!
The colors of the Bounty Hunter set are Lucas revealing his age.  Anyone
remember the fifties when bright day-glo colors were the latest fashion
rage?  Anyway, more colors mean more building possibilities, and that's the
core of what Lego is all about.  The two decorated 2x2 flat black tiles on
Anakin's Speeder are the PERFECT detail for the front intake of X-Wing
engines.  I think they could've done a better job with the orange on the
canopy (pretty drab compared to the pieces), but since I haven't met a Jack
Stone canopy I like yet, I don't much care.  Although I doubt EP2 will be
anything but another live-action cartoon that will appeal only to the
nose-picking set (apologies to any adult grazers!), if the sets continue to
be this good, I may actually end up being happy with some new Star Wars!

Dave