 Star Wars / 13038
Re: Ep.II Sets: I'm not that impressed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 13:21:41 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Kai Brodersen writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Knut Olaf Knutsen writes:

Preparing myself (and my girlfriend) for the release of Ep II, I picked up
the Gunship last week. The price almost made me weep, but wow does it look
good. It is huge, mean and looks extremely purposeful. And it's got heaps of
nifty parts! Dark red is beautiful, and the gun-mounts are so cool :-)
However, the front is a little flimsy, and the airy midsection/pods looks
unfinished. I will modify and beef this up after I've seen "the real thing"
in the movie. A great set, but too pricey!

"Republic credits will do just fine" Knut Olaf

If you take a look at this photo:

You will notice that the gunship in the movie is a bit open in the back.
But really there are some major design flaws in the LEGO version.

--Kai

Thanks :-)

I think the LEGO version is a fairly good starting point for building a more
authentic Gunship. I might pick up that cross-section book too.

KO