 Star Wars / 13060
Re: S@H "Special Edition" Catalog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 21:39:01 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Thomas Garrison writes:
On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, Steve Bliss wrote:

Wow!  I got home last night, and found this beautiful, oversized
mini-catalog waiting for me.  The front cover said, (quoting from memory)
"2002 Special Edition".  I don't usually get excited about the S@H catalogs
(any more), but this is way cool!  And it seems to be aimed at the AFOL
market -- it was addressed to me, not the kids. :)

The layouts are all oversized, so you can see the details much better.  I
don't think they shot any new photos for this book, and probably didn't
write any new copy.

Was the description of the Red Baron new?  That was what really stood out
to me---it was described as being from WWI.  None of this "famous plane of
the early part of the 20th century" nonsense we saw with the Sopwith
Camel---TLC actually admitted that it made a model based on a warplane.

Um, there is a lot of text but they have it both ways (yes, I got one of
these in the mail today, unf. my mailperson mangled it a bit)...

top: "the Fokker Dr 1 was one of the most famous planes of the early 20th
century, known primarily as the(1) aircraft used by the Red Baron...."

bottom: "construct a replica of ... the plane made famous by the Red Baron
in World War I..."

1 - sic... it was ONE OF the planes used by the Red Baron.