 Space / 14008
Re: S@H "Special Edition" Catalog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 17:50:35 GMT

In lugnet.space, Steve Bliss writes:
Wow!  I got home last night, and found this beautiful, oversized
mini-catalog waiting for me.  The front cover said, (quoting from memory)
"2002 Special Edition".  I don't usually get excited about the S@H catalogs
(any more), but this is way cool!  And it seems to be aimed at the AFOL
market -- it was addressed to me, not the kids. :)

It is obviously timed to coincide with SW2:AOTC.  The main layouts are 100%
Star Wars; the center insert/order form has some of the LEGO Direct
exclusives (Red Baron, Breezeway Cafe, Blacksmith Shop, etc).

The layouts are all oversized, so you can see the details much better.  I
don't think they shot any new photos for this book, and probably didn't
write any new copy.  But it was a kick just to pour over all the pictures,
and do a little wishful drooling.  And leaving the catalog lying around,
open to the RBR page was fun, too.[1]

So, did anyone else get this?

--
Steve
1) As previously mentioned, I have a weird idea of fun.

I got it. It is a really 'in your face' brochure. it is printed on good
paper too. I was very surprised, they must have spent some money on it. It
was oversized too, more postage.

Interesting how a lot of the bricks in the photo's were dinged up. (republic
gunship)

Jonathan