 Star Wars / 13098
Re: Where is the Queen?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 3 May 2002 16:24:07 GMT

Bah, who knows.  We'll probably see more Episode 2 sets, and I bet Amidala
will appear in a larger one (sex sells; check out the only set that Leia
appears in.  Phooey.) I'm not so bummed about not having a formally dressed
Amidala; none of the locations and places you'd expect to see her have been
made, and none of them are places/things I feel like building myself...the
royal starship is blaspemy, and the palace/courtyards at Naboo...hmm, come
to think of it, that could be pretty fun :)  I seem to recall seeing a MOC
of the area where Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon jumped the battle droids (from a
second story walkway).  Anybody know what I'm talking about?  That'd be cool
to see again...

No Kidding.  I saw some new Ep II action figures, and saw "Padme Amidala".
It had her white outfit, ripped in the middle, bearing her mid-section
(above the waist), she was chained to what looked like a wooden tree stump.
To me, it brought back flashes of "slave-girl" princess Leia.  I haven't
seen many previews of Ep. II, read the book, etc. so I don't know how the
above scene relates to anything...just thought I'd mention that.

As far as Amidala in mini-fig form, I don't know when that will happen.  But
we still have a couple more years to see what will happen.  I wouldn't be
surprised if we don't get too many more Ep. I sets.

Benjamin Medinets