 Star Wars / 13101
Re: Where is the Queen?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 3 May 2002 17:59:27 GMT

Padme was also in Anakin's Podracer ($14.99).

j.

In lugnet.starwars, Ahui Herrera writes:
<snip>
No Kidding.  I saw some new Ep II action figures, and saw "Padme Amidala".
It had her white outfit, ripped in the middle, bearing her mid-section
(above the waist), she was chained to what looked like a wooden tree stump.
To me, it brought back flashes of "slave-girl" princess Leia.  I haven't
seen many previews of Ep. II, read the book, etc. so I don't know how the
above scene relates to anything...just thought I'd mention that.

As far as Amidala in mini-fig form, I don't know when that will happen.  But
we still have a couple more years to see what will happen.  I wouldn't be
surprised if we don't get too many more Ep. I sets.

Benjamin Medinets

What makes me mad is that LEGO tries to stay neutral on all issues (yellow
faces for almost everyone, this is a toy for all kids) yet as my wife
pointed out it's NOT!  There are more 'male' minifigs that 'female', there
are more 'male' sets than 'female' sets.

Within star wars alone we only got 1 princes liea!  Sure there *was* only 1
major female character in teh classic SW but they only way to get the
princess was by buying that $100 falcon.  They should of made her
affordable!  If my memory is not failing me, Padme was also in one set: the
$80 pod racers!

=(
-AHui