 Robotics / Spybotics / *216 (-100)
  Snaptrax Hands

The hands of Snaptrax are bound with one rubber band and are quite useless. You cannot really grab things - at the best you can shift things around with one hand. I tried with two rubber bands crossed via the 4 pods of the Snaptrax front. The (...) (21 years ago, 24-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Spybot Zones

(...) (URL) think that link will give you a good idea of how to get spybot distance and direction. It also shows how to setup byte code commands in NQC. (URL) link has more samples showing how to talk to the spybot firmware using NQC's asm (...) (21 years ago, 21-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Spybot Zones

Can anyone tell me how to set-up byte code commands in NQC? I want to use some of the Spybot Firmware commands for robot distance and direction to make two spybots work together, but I don't think that functionality has been added to NQC, yet. If (...) (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Hailfire + Spybotics

(...) I used my trusty old Nikon Coolpix 990 camera. Natural lighting, program shift to use a high f-stop and get high depth of field. Plus light level optimisation with Photoshop... Philo (21 years ago, 30-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Hailfire + Spybotics

Really clear photos. Can you tell me what camera you used? --Jack Gregory "Philippe Hurbain" <philohome@free.fr> wrote in message news:HIonn8.CHt@lugnet.com... (...) Droid (...) .../hsb13.jpg (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Hailfire + Spybotics

A little exercise in studless beams construction: grafting of Hailfire Droid wheels on a Spybotics. Brickshelf folder (post mod): (URL) links: (URL) to .../hsb13.jpg Wheel angle can be easily changed, modifying stability. Pilot and rear thrusters (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: How to create an own mission?

"Ralph Hempel" <rhempel@bmts.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:CAEBIOGHPFFJALB...mts.com... (...) I personally find it not nice to answer a question for basic help with a link to where I can _buy_ that information. If I were in your place I would (...) (21 years ago, 24-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  RE: How to create an own mission?

(...) Well, for starters you can check out my Spybotics book at: ---...--- Buy "LEGO Spybotics Secret Agent Training Manual" (URL) ---...--- Reply to: rhempel at bmts dot com ---...--- (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  How to create an own mission?

Hi Where can I find good tips how to start with creating own missions? Reg. (21 years ago, 23-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Proximity detection?

(...) Thanks! In hindsight, it should have occurred to me to subtract out the ambient light. I guess I just didn't know how. :) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Proximity detection?

hi, (...) controller (...) could (...) light (...) that (...) the (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Spybotic Mods

I have Snaptrax S45 and a Gigamesh G60 Spybotics robots. I recently modded them both. The 1st mod was easy, I added powerful magnets on the bottom of each robots using double-sided tape so that when I am working on my techbench area if I drop a (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Controller channels

"Mark Ferris" <markdf2001@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:cmg41vg5glds3ci...4ax.com... (...) Hi I might have found the trick! But I need to check it also: leave one of the bots in standard mode Reg. (21 years ago, 26-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Spybotics Comms

In lugnet.robotics.spybotics, Marco Correia writes: [snip] (...) I need help answering the question "Can a Spybot send Mana IR-like protocol? I want my Spybot to control my mana. I'm too stupid to interpret to Spybot SDK on my own, and there's no (...) (21 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics)

  BricxCC release 3.3.7.4

Version 3.3.7.4 fixes a bug where editing large files was extremely slow. If you thought editing large files was slow in BricxCC you may want to try this new release. It is now significantly faster. Users with low-end machines may see a speed (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: How can I reach world related info from Spybotic

Hello, I have found that source @(0x2d0000) contains the current zone information (nowhere, anywhere, etc) for one spybot/one controller configuration (i have only one spybot). Note that this source continually changes from 0 to the current zone (...) (21 years ago, 18-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: SpyVLL was released

(...) Hi. I found a simalar program that allows you to program the MicroSCOUT with SONYs PocketStation. refer to my post "Good news for microscout, scout, and rcx, and sony pocket station owners." for more info. (21 years ago, 12-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.microscout, lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.vll)

  BricxCC release 3.3.7.3

This release fixes a problem where opening a file with an associated desktop file (same path and filename but with a .dsk extension) took a very long time. If you are using the desktop feature (which you would have had to turn on via the (...) (21 years ago, 7-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  How can I reach world related info from Spybotic

Hello all ! I am still busy with finishing the NQC API for the Spybots. After the last info from John I tought I understand it all. But I am still confused how things work exactly ! When I place the controller away from the bot what syntax do I have (...) (21 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  BricxCC announcement

BricxCC is a lot of fun to support - fixing bugs, adding useful new features, and answering lots of questions via email. I hope to be able to continue working with BricxCC for a very long time to come. But it does take time. And software development (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Proximity detection?

(...) Just to report my initial findings using the rear LED and light sensor for proximity detection: Overall results are unsatisfactory. Even under the best circumstances, it could not reliably see the LED reflected against my blue leather sofa. I (...) (21 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Proximity detection?

Thanks for the reply, André. I've read that the IR emitters are "low-power". Does this mean the red LED on Spybot would have a longer range than the IR emitters if used in proximity detection? Since the LED is recessed, I guess is would have a (...) (21 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Proximity detection?

I tried, but I've reached the limit of my ability and patience (I'm not sure which ran out first). This much I know: the Spybot can do proximity detection if what it is detecting is a well-defined IR-emitting object such as a Spybot controller or (...) (21 years ago, 17-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  NQC spybot API submission

Here's an addition to the NQC Spybot API that lets you write programs like this: #include "spy.nqh" task main() { int x = 0; int t = MIN_BOTID; while (t < MAX_BOTID) { SetTargetID(t); SetTargetNote(x); SetWorldNote(t, x); x = Target(SPY_SHORTID); x (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Use of audio output as servo control?

"Jean F. Soucaille" <jean.f.soucaille@free.fr> wrote in news:HA475x.LGo@lugnet.com: Are you speaking of the VLL port or the actual IR emitter? I was not aware that the IR emitter could be used in such a way yet. (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Use of audio output as servo control?

Rather to use sound I'm thinking about using the IR port at back of Spybotic to interface with an IR receiver and then using an I2C bus to control a serial to parallel interface. It's just a concept right now. I haven't much time to work on that. If (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Use of audio output as servo control?

Hello, I have a slightly different idea, I have read where the duration/freq of the sound output from spybots can be controlled, has anybody determined the granularity of this control? My idea was to harness this via handyboard/PIC to control futaba (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  JoyBricx is updated

Hi, all, I release new version of the JoyBricx. (URL) I make the program named JoyBricx for remote control (...) The new version support RCX/SCOUT, too. It can export the NQC program. Enjoy ! -- mac (21 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  JoyBricx is released

Hi, all, I make the program named JoyBricx for remote control Spybot and RC Fighter (#8539 Manas.) using USB LEGO Tower. You can remote control the robots, playback, save and load operation by this program. Before, I made the LTremo76, but it was (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: 3806 Gigamesh $35 WalMart Bradenton Florida

(...) yep, thats where I got my shadow strike which is soon going to become a remote control light switch (21 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: How to use TowerApi.dll without TowerApi.lib

Hi, again ! I am sorry. I uploaded the imperfect file. I changed the USB LEGO Tower setup and have examined in the state where it is not a standard. Already, I fixed the bug, please download again. (...) (21 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  growing API file for Spybot/NQC/Brickcc

Hello all, I append all the API information wich I found into one file and a little more functionality gets available ! Have fun ! //API Spybotics to program in NQC/BrickCC // A part "borrowed" from Mark Ferris,André Koopman #if defined(__SPY) // (...) (21 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Led display on Spybot

(...) #if defined(__SPY) //LED display effects (0 to 7) #define displayLedNone -1 #define displayLedScan 0 #define displayLedSparkle 1 #define displayLedFlash 2 #define displayLedRedToGreen 3 #define displayLedGreenToRed 4 #define (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Led display on Spybot

Hello all, After a few hours I now understand a little bit about the ROM routines inside the Spybot. To reach the 7 LED's on top of the bot you have to call sub 42. There are 8 different way's the Led's will blink. To program the bot in BrickCC you (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  How to react to controller with NQC?

Hi all, I'm looking for a way to react to Spybots IR controller using NQC. When I scan through the spybot.h in \Program Files\LEGO Software\Products\Sp...cs\Include I find many lines containing "message". However, looking at the NQC documentation (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Shadowstrike back to front

"Ralph Hempel" <rhempel@bmts.com> wrote in message news:CAEBIOGHPFFJALB...mts.com... (...) forwards on (...) the (...) Groan..... Yep your right Ralph. I hadn't set it up as anything and now I have it works fine. The others behaved OK straight out (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  RE: Shadowstrike back to front

(...) Hmmmm, I wonder if you have set the type of the Shadowstrike correctly. Check the Spybot type in the Spybot Status display when you first connect it. I'll bet you have it configured as a SnapTrax..... Cheers, Ralph ---...--- Buy "LEGO (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Shadowstrike back to front

I have three Spybots and I notice that Snaptrax and Gigamesh run forwards on pressing the two upper buttons on the remote (buttons nearest the red button). However Shadowstrike is the reverse of this, upper buttons pressed moves the Spybot (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Spybotics to RCX message

(...) If you use BricxCC to compile your MindScript code it is very easy to get LASM output. On the Compilers tab of the Preferences dialog just add -TRACE=15 to the Switches field on the LCC page. Also set your include path to C:\Program Files\LEGO (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Spybotics to RCX message

Ok, I give up. How did you get the LASM output from the Mindscript? I installed the SDK, but didn't find any way to get the LASM output, which is what I'd like to see. (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  3806 Gigamesh $35 WalMart Bradenton Florida

Reg $65 on sale $35 USD five boxes #3806 Spybotics at Walmart, SR70 at US301, Bradenton, Florida, USA. Sorry, cannot shop for you. (21 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  spyutils.nqh

I have attached to the end of this message the spyutils.nqh file I've been compiling. It's not got a lot in there yet, just the routines defined as "utility" in the Lego Spybotics ROM SDK plus the SendRCXMessage. I'm aiming toward this file being (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Spybotics to RCX message

Just erased 3 lines of reply now that I've remembered my basic assembly stuff ... boy it's been a while. Yes, that sounds like the right thing to do. Just curious, I haven't installed the Mindstorms SDK since I try to minimize what all I've (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Spybotics to RCX message

Hey cool, Mark, this is really going to be useful! I've noticed that when MindScript generates a call to the SendRCXMessage subroutine, it always pops the calling parameters off the stack. For example, this MindScript code: SendRCXMessage(5) (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Spybotics to RCX message

The following NQC code will define a routine to send a message to the RCX or Scout: // Sends an RCX PBMessage to RCX or Scout // nMessage = 1 - 255 __nolist void SendRCXMessage (const int nMessage) { asm { 0xe3, &nMessage }; asm { 0x17, 37 }; } I'm (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Spybots missoins (was Re: Packaging!)

(...) Mark is correct. I would be happy to begin a Spybotics Mission Trading Area on BimP. I am a fan and would love to see what types of missions could be created by the community. To begin, I think we need to provide mission objectives, mission (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.lego)

  SpyVLL was released

Hi, the VLL freaks. I released a programming tool named "SpyVLL", which program the MicroSCOUT via the Spybotics. Neither RIS2.0 nor your own made hardware isn't required. Please refer to the following URL: (URL) ! -- mac (21 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.microscout, lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.vll)

  Spybots missoins (was Re: Packaging!)

(...) Last week some time I looked there and found pretty much nothing. I raised the issue of creating our own missions and what not and bricksinmypocket.org owner (sorry, I've forgotten your name) has kindly offered space there to trade missions. (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.lego)

  Re: Can't run software

(...) Thanks again Matthais, I have downloaded and installed this driver. But unfortunately there is no change. Bill Lane (21 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Spybotics Internals

(...) Sure...that would be a good reference for the page as well. I'll try and do that next week. Steven (21 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Can't run software

(...) the (...) led (...) you (...) motherboard (...) here we go: Windows 95, 98 and Me will automatically recognize and load a driver for the Tseng Labs chip sets on all of the Ultimate VGA boards. All of the resolutions and color depths that the (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Packaging!

(...) Sorry I was off the point I haven't been able to find the original context of this question. I hope there is another way to access them because I don't have enough COM ports to connect to the Spybot and the internet at the same time. If I try (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.lego)

  Re: Can't run software

(...) The Display Adapter is a Tseng Labs ET4000/W32 PCI. It didn't come with the PC. I had trouble trying to run something a while back. Some research led me to this driver and it solved the problem. I must say I find the whole Display Adapter (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Can't run software

(...) Thanks for the thought Andy, I definitely have 320 MB of RAM. Yes it is a bit overboard. But when I had a hard drive replaced last year RAM was very cheap so I bought up. Yes, I understand I will have other bottlenecks that will diminish the (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Can't run software

(...) You mentioned earlier that you had 320MB of RAM. That seems a little high for a Windows 98-era computer and its motherboard. Are you sure you actually have 320MB and not just 32MB, which was standard for many Windows 98 computers? If you have (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Can't run software

"Bill Lane" <lane@pipeline.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:H8H91D.ABw@lugnet.com... (...) have (...) came (...) Display (...) for (...) no (...) It is very unlikely that MS has the latest driver for Ur display adapter (that's the item we looked (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Packaging!

"Bill Lane" <lane@pipeline.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:H8H7vn.6xL@lugnet.com... (...) you (...) Software\Products\Sp...Operations (...) extension) (...) any (...) downloaded (...) 20 (...) Thanks for the tip with the FaQ. That'll be a nice (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.lego)

  Spybotics API in NQC

I'm attempting to extend the API that Dave Baum started with 2.5a4. Particularly, I'm working on getting access to the ROM library of subroutines. I'm not sure if I'm going about it wrong or not, but I'm posting this to see if others are looking in (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Can't run software

(...) I've been looking in: Settings > Control Panel > System > Device Manager I definitely don't have any listing for Graphics Card. But I do for Display Adapters. Could this be what you mean? If so I have run Windows Update for this driver and it (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Packaging!

(...) It isn't necessary to access the internet to share missions files. When you create a mission through Special Operations and save it is saved to the following folder (assuming you used the default install): C:\Program Files\LEGO (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.lego)

  Re: Spybotics Internals

Thank you steven for posting this. I am personaly not a fan of spybotics due to there IR controls but after seening the internals I am thinking of geting one to part out. This is mainly because of the motors. Is there a chance you could put a couple (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Can't run software

"Ralph Hempel" <rhempel@bmts.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag > If the graphics cards have been changed, you might have to tell (...) This is Windows 98 SE. I am afraid there is no "Hardware Manager" nor "hidden devices" They came up with W2000! Reg. (21 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Packaging!

"Ralph Hempel" <rhempel@bmts.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:CAEBIOGHPFFJALB...mts.com... (...) the (...) access (...) internet (...) I am not going to buy your book, nor will my children be able to read English. So if you have tips and tricks to (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.lego)

  RE: Packaging!

(...) Import and export of missions does NOT require access to the internet. See the last chapter of my book for details... ---...--- Buy "LEGO Spybotics Secret Agent Training Manual" (URL) ---...--- Reply to: rhempel at bmts dot com ---...--- (21 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.lego)

  RE: Can't run software

(...) If the graphics cards have been changed, you might have to tell the hardware manager to show hidden devices too. Cheers, Ralph (21 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Can't run software

"Bill Lane" <lane@pipeline.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:H8F3vA.LC@lugnet.com... (...) much (...) Update" (...) graphic (...) listing. ??! (puzzled up!) you need to click on the "[+]" of the entry. (...) Sure if there is no driver, but did (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Packaging!

I contacted LEGO Germany about 1.) Big box for small content 2.) Danger of scratches due to poor wrapping (bubble wrap bag would do the job!) 3.) No posibility to import/export missons without (general) internet access from that PC to the WEB. (I do (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.lego)

  Re: Can't run software

(...) Matthais, When I go to device manager and look for graphic cards there is no listing. I assume that means I don't have a graphics card and that is probably the real basis of my problem. Would that be right? Bill Lane (21 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  RE: user created programs

(...) I'll jump in here. The two canted receptors at the front do indeed give a basic direction and range finding ability. The IR signal strength follows an inverse-square law. Double the distance from source to sensor and the signal is reduced by a (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: user created programs

Yes, your new page is good and what we need. But I immediately have a question: It seems there are two pairs of canted receptors, two at front, and two at about mid-board. This implies there is some inherent directional sensing? I assume at least (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: user created programs

(...) Looks like a good start. I'm particularly interested in the details of what the controller sends out to the brick under the different states it can be in (remote vs action mode). (21 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: user created programs

(...) Ralph's book is not very technical, but does have some wonderful basic to advanced information. I am working on the following page: (URL) when this is a little more complete, it will be of some value to you. Steven (21 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Spybot Promotional Materials?

"Rob Doucette" <lego@nospam.doucettenet.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:H89F2M.LKJ@lugnet.com... (...) insight (...) Yes I have seen it in action. This is the setup I wrote about in the other thread: "Controller Channels" Reg. Matthias (21 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Can't run software

"Bill Lane" <lane@pipeline.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:H8A341.L5K@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) was (...) bit (...) the (...) display (...) But it gives me a good clue what is wrong. Our installation runs fine at 1024x768, 32Bit. So that (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: user created programs

"Mark Ferris" <markdf2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:g59e1v0qegpg0ol...4ax.com... (...) Well, I am one of the people who has stayed away from them despite following this and other lugnet groups, and having several RCX's (and DSDK, DDK). There (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Can't run software

Hi Matthias, Thanks for your reply! It didn't actually solve the problem. But it did get me looking again and going over the options. The good news is that the software is now running and we can access most of the features. So what was the problem? (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Spybot Promotional Materials?

Has anyone seen these before: (URL) appear to be promotional materials for the Spybotics sets. Any insight would be appreciated, -Rob. (21 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: user created programs

"Steven B. Combs" <stevencombs@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:H87J0K.31I@lugnet.com... (...) my (...) the (...) $40??!! 63 EUR was the best we could get here at a distributor. Regular price here is $80 (21 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Can't run software

"Bill Lane" <lane@pipeline.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:H86Gw9.7x@lugnet.com... (...) Where exactly does this come up? Try to skip the intro with sapce. Uninstall Quciktime and reinstall it. SpySetup might have failed installinng QT I would (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: user created programs

(...) Let me know when you have your first mission complete and I will create an area on BimP for us to begin using. I think this will be a great resource for Spybotics users. (...) I think the fact that you are limited to only the motors and senors (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Spybotics Programmable Controller Internals

(...) and see if there is any need to continue my project. Steven (21 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Spybotics Programmable Controller Internals

(...) There are two .pdf files in the LegoMindstorms 2.5 SDK that have tons of information on the Spybotics. One is the LASM bytecodes and the other gives a ROM overview of the mission system. The SDK can be found at the following link: (URL) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: user created programs

(...) I like that idea. In fact, I've just recently discovered BimP. I'm working on some NQC ideas as well as missions created through the Spybots program. I must say I'm a bit surprised that there isn't more activity on Spybots since it appears (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Can't run software

We got our first Spybotic for Christmas and we've been unable to run the software program. When we try to run it we get the following message: Problem detected! A terminal error has occured in your program. Shut down all other running programs and (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: user created programs

(...) I too was sad to find that there were not any additional missions posted on the web site. I have Ralph Hempel's book (buy it if you don't have it...it's good stuff) and he also describes how to create and share missions. I think this ability (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Spybotics Programmable Controller Internals

In my free time (yeah...sure Steven) I have begun a little project. It will require the assistance of this group, so if you have some time please visit: (URL) offer some feedback and assistance by responding to this post or e-mailing me at (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: NQC 2.5 a4 released

(...) Sorry, there was a problem with the Mac OS X and Win32 builds. The source release is fine, but the executables were bad. I did a complete rebuild of the executables and have updated the web site ((URL) The new executables have the same version (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  user created programs

Now that my vacation has finally started, I'm getting a chance to pour over the Spybots available documentation ( the actual PC program plus the information found in the 2.5 SDK). What an incredible device this little toy seems to be, so ripe with (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: RCX remote and Spybotics

I have noticed that they do interfer - mostly just 'blocking' signals from one or another. I haven't done any experimenting with changing frequencies on the spybots or tried to work around tis problem. I would still get a remote for the RCX - it (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  NQC 2.5 a4 released

I have been working a little bit on Spybotics support in NQC. There is a new version of NQC and some updated documentation at: (URL) information about Spybotics can be found here: (URL) Baum (21 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Controller channels

Happy New Year! "Mark Ferris" <markdf2001@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:cmg41vg5glds3ci...4ax.com... (...) We had a roadshow in town and they ran some "battle" with the 4 different spybots at the same time. I think they covered one of the (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: RCX remote and Spybotics

Happy New Year! (again) "Mark Ferris" <markdf2001@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:dpg41vcgltkjmnk...4ax.com... (...) A lot of infrared "in the air" certainly conflicts, because there are no IR-channels. A pair LED and transistor work in a (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RCX remote and Spybotics

Will the RCX remote control conflict with the IR signals from the Spybotics controller? I don't have a remote control, but I'd like to get one for my RCX so I can build my own style bot to compete with my kids, but I want to make sure my remote will (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Controller channels

Is it possible to have 4 independent Spybots at one time? The literature I've read talks about channels 1-3 on the remote and Lego's own FAQ only gives instructions for setting channels 1-3. This is probably my answer, but I'm looking for solutions (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Packaging!

Yes, to my amazement, both the Manas and Spybotics were packaged in this manner (in the U.S. at least). I can't fathom what on Earth they were thinking when they came up with this packaging scheme. The controllers that came with the Manas were badly (...) (21 years ago, 27-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.lego)

  Packaging!

Merry Xmas! We just unpacked a spybotic and some other LEGO. I am really upset about the way LEGO is packaging new stuff. We have a box here, with loose content, just filling 1/3 of the box. The "expensive" devices not even packed in some (...) (21 years ago, 25-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: RCX/Spybotics/Scout communication

(...) Spybotics uses a new IR protocol for communication between Spybotics devices, but the IR is also has user-configurable and can send RCX-style messages. Here is a sample program that sends messages from Spybotics to an RCX (or Scout): (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 26-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Re: RCX/Spybotics/Scout communication

(...) With the latest release of Brixcc, you have the ability to control the spybot. I sent commands to the spybot from Bricxx, but havent' gotten to the point of actually sending commands from the RCX to the Spybot--been a little busy lately. That (...) (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Re: RCX/Spybotics/Scout communication

(...) I'm no expert here, but I hate to see questions go unanswered. I believe you can use the same NQC commands to send messages to and from the spybot as used in the standard RCX. (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  RCX/Spybotics/Scout communication

Having read the messages in the various newsgoups, I must admit I'm a little puzzled. I've seen a lot of discussion about IR communication, but I don't think I have a straight answer. I have an RCX, a Scout, and some Spybotics under the Christmas (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.scout)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact