 Robotics / Spybotics / 178
Re: Spybotics to RCX message
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.spybotics
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 13:24:54 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.spybotics, Mark Ferris writes:
Ok, I give up.  How did you get the LASM output from the Mindscript?
I installed the SDK, but didn't find any way to get the LASM output,
which is what I'd like to see.

If you use BricxCC to compile your MindScript code it is very easy to get
LASM output.  On the Compilers tab of the Preferences dialog just add
-TRACE=15 to the Switches field on the LCC page.  Also set your include path to

C:\Program Files\LEGO Software\LEGO Mindstorms SDK\Bin\vpbrick2\Spybot

for Spybot code or

C:\Program Files\LEGO Software\LEGO Mindstorms SDK\Bin\VPBrick1\RCX2

for RCX2 code.  Your paths might be different if you chose a different
install directory for the SDK.

With ScriptEd you can also turn on tracing via the Special/Trace menu item.
The trace file (in SDK 2.5) will always be called vpbtrace.txt and it will
be in one of the two VPBrick directories (i.e., VPBrick1 or VPBrick2).

I will be integrating the LASM output into my LCC compiler wrapper (and,
consequently, BricxCC) a bit better in the next release of BricxCC (so that
it works like the NQC compiler wrt generating LASM log files).

John Hansen
http://members.aol.com/johnbinder/bricxcc.htm