 Robotics / Spybotics / 122
Re: Packaging!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.lego
Date:
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 01:49:15 GMT

Yes, to my amazement, both the Manas and Spybotics were packaged
in this manner (in the U.S. at least).  I can't fathom what on Earth they
were thinking when they came up with this packaging scheme.  The
controllers that came with the Manas were badly scratched.  That's
not to say they wouldn't eventually reach that state once played with,
but who wants to get a controller in that condition straight out of
a sealed box.  Anyways, I didn't really complain since I got the
Manas on deep clearance at Target and I was primarily interested
in the motor units and extra Technic bits that came with the set.
I don't remember any major scratches in the Spybotics stuff, but I
bought those right when they came out and the box didn't have any
time to get significant shelf wear.

Mark

"Matthias Jaenichen" <mj@edv.jaenichen.biz> wrote in message
Merry Xmas!

We just unpacked a spybotic and some other LEGO. I am really upset about • the
way LEGO is packaging new stuff.

We have a box here, with loose content, just filling 1/3 of the box.
The "expensive" devices not even packed in some air-buble-wrap.

Is this the way LEGO is selling today? At least in Germany there is a law • that
prohibits packaging that exceeds the volume over a certain amount!

Reg.
Matthias