 Robotics / Spybotics / 151
Re: Can't run software
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.spybotics
Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 14:31:17 GMT

"Bill Lane" <lane@pipeline.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:H8F3vA.LC@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.robotics.spybotics, Matthias Jaenichen writes:

But it gives me a good clue what is wrong. Our installation runs fine at
1024x768, 32Bit. So that can not be the reason. But I have experienced • much
trouble with the graphics driver.

1.) find the latest video driver and install it.
2.) perform a windows update from internet explorer "EXTRAS/Windows • Update"
3.) start in safe mode, open control panel/system, device manager, • graphic
cards and remove ALL entries. Do the same with all entries in "Monitors".

Matthais,

When I go to device manager and look for graphic cards there is no
listing.

??! (puzzled up!) you need to click on the "[+]" of the entry.

I assume that means I don't have a graphics card and that is probably the
real basis of my problem.  Would that be right?

Sure if there is no driver, but did you look in the right place? I am not
sure about the English translation of "Graphikkarte" but if you really have
NOTHING there I would assume you are right: Thats the root cause. Go to
controlpanel and have windows detect the hardware again. If you are still
stuck you should contact SO locally maybe you need to install a CD that came
with your computer...

Reg.