 Robotics / Spybotics / 161
Re: Can't run software
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.spybotics
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 06:01:29 GMT

"Bill Lane" <lane@pipeline.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:H8H91D.ABw@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.robotics.spybotics, Matthias Jaenichen writes:

??! (puzzled up!) you need to click on the "[+]" of the entry.

Sure if there is no driver, but did you look in the right place? I am not
sure about the English translation of "Graphikkarte" but if you really • have
NOTHING there I would assume you are right: Thats the root cause. Go to
controlpanel and have windows detect the hardware again. If you are still
stuck you should contact SO locally maybe you need to install a CD that • came
with your computer...

I've been looking in:

Settings > Control Panel > System > Device Manager

I definitely don't have any listing for Graphics Card.  But I do for • Display
Adapters.  Could this be what you mean?  If so I have run Windows Update • for
this driver and it informs me I have the latest version of this driver.  I
have also found and installed the latest driver for my monitor.  All with • no
change.

It is very unlikely that MS has the latest driver for Ur display adapter
(that's the item we looked for!). What Display Adapter do you have?
Is it onboard?
Anything that came with the pc?

Reg.