 Robotics / RCX / *7355 (-100)
  Re: measure distance traveled

I'm not a professional or anything, but your idea could run into the robot pulling to one side, and not going the exact 1 meter. if you had two rotation sensors (not exactly RPM sensors), the error would be greatly reduced in both the distance and (...) (22 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  measure distance traveled

Hi all, I'm a CS student and I have to complete a practical assignment in which a robot has to drive 1 meter straight forward, make a 90 degrees turn and then drive another meter (course administrators will also place obstacles which have to be (...) (22 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: usb to ris 1.x rcx ir how

(...) Ah, slowly I clue in, thanks, now I have found: Lego Mindstorms(TM) 2.0 Upgrade Kit (3805) (URL) to itself that page appears labelled with only "2.0 Upgrade Kit". (...) Thanks for saying. Back at that link, I see only Win 98/ME mentioned, no (...) (22 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: reading music thru an RCX

(...) Thanks for the news, I'll look forward to that release. (...) As yet this I am unable to evaluate. I wonder if I've grabbed the right stuff to convey to my RCX? (URL) Two releases, 2003-01-15: (URL) 2002-12-05: (URL) tried 2003-01-15. I see (...) (22 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: reading music thru an RCX

(...) Something quite like what you describe is the Brick Piano in BricxCC. Unfortunately, in the current release there is a nasty bug that I just added which makes the Brick Piano mostly useless at the moment. It is fixed in the next release (which (...) (22 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: reading music thru an RCX

(...) Without being able to answer the question, I can add that relevant Unicode may include: (URL) bytes) u1D11A five-line staff u1D11E G clef u1D112 F clef u1D13B whole rest u1D13C half rest u1D13D quarter rest u1D13E eighth rest u1D15D whole note (...) (22 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  reading music thru an RCX

Anybody already write code to play notes thru the RCX as they are chosen, keep a history of the notes, replay the assembled tune, etc.? --- I think I mean to be asking for a public domain GUI. Courtesy l.r.r. recently, I've already got .java code (...) (22 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: newbie troubles (now they in packs of 2)

(...) Say "directory naming semantics" instead of "FS", and you are correct. And yes, that is one of the core features of Cygwin! (22 years ago, 9-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: newbie troubles (now they in packs of 2)

(...) What do you mean /usr/local/bin? That's a Linux directory, unless Cygwin somehow emulates a complete Linux FS. (...) (22 years ago, 9-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: newbie troubles (now they in packs of 2)

To the group, please. I will quietly delete any responses not copied to the group. (...) Is there h8300-hitachi-hms-gcc.exe in /usr/local/bin ? Max. (22 years ago, 9-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: spare parts where

(...) Hi Pat, The hassle-free approaches: www.bricklink.com, www.ebay.com, www.auctionbrick.com and what Lego offers on the www.lego.com website (look under accesories). If you are an educator, find out about the Lego Dacta product line (you can (...) (22 years ago, 9-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: newbie troubles (now they in packs of 2)

Sending this to lugnet.robotics.rcx....ugnet.com. I'm not the sole source of brickOS wisdom. (...) Define "everything". (...) Did you build a cross-compiler? Unsurprisingly, Cygwin doesn't come with a compiler targeted for a lego brick. Max. (22 years ago, 9-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  H8300 Cross Compiler for Mac OS X (a start ...)

With access to a Mac OS X 10.2 this week I have made an attempt to build the cross compiler set under Mac OS X. Currently I have an issue with sysinfo.c with the binutils build. But for those interested here are my steps so far. I will post more as (...) (22 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: usb to ris 1.x rcx ir how

1. Hardware upgrade to USB IR tower: Dacta is Lego's educational division. For some reason, in the US it is known as Pitsco. The Pitsco link you have found is the only way I know of getting a USB IR tower on its own. It does not need batteries. 2. (...) (22 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RCX assembly instructions of Lego quality

Where do I go to find more RCX assembly instructions of Lego quality? For free or for money? I ask because I know a six year old who can now confidently assemble a robot from the Lego instructions. I think because those instructions show and count (...) (22 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  spare parts where

(...) ... but I found nothing. Anyone willing & able to fix that? Seems like that might be a service to newbies. Pat LaVarre (22 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: usb to ris 1.x rcx ir how

(...) Not in any detail. Please can someone elaborate? (...) Thanks for saying, sorry I need help rewording these questions to get them to be more absolutely unambiguous. (...) Can I somehow fix the Lego software for dramatically less than an (...) (22 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: usb to ris 1.x rcx ir how

(...) From offline: (URL) I before the store shows whether or not the store ships internationally." Searching for: USB infrared transmitter yields "No Item(s) were found". Searching for: USB IR tower yields "New" "Black Electric IR Transmitter Tower (...) (22 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: usb to ris 1.x rcx ir how

(...) Thanks for saying. (...) I'm often in the US, thanks for asking. Is an example of "Lego/Dacta" such a thing as: (URL) Transmitter (PC and MAC) W979783 Infrared Transmitter (USB) US$29.99 ? (...) I ask because, searching the web again now, I (...) (22 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  JoyBricx is updated

Hi, all, I release new version of the JoyBricx. (URL) I make the program named JoyBricx for remote control (...) The new version support RCX/SCOUT, too. It can export the NQC program. Enjoy ! -- mac (22 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Robotics Educator CD by Carnegie Mellon

(...) I agree with you Miles. That's a lot of money. The product appears to be targeted towards teachers who probably will have to convince administrators to buy it. It also appears to have a 'one classroom' license as I recall. So who is the (...) (22 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.edu, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics.edu)

  Help with DataOutputStream and DataInputStream

Hi people, I´m working with lejos 2.1 and the serial tower. I was trying to send a matrix of floats from the PC to the RCX using as a model the DataInputStream and DataOutputStream examples that came with lejos. The problem I have, is that I´m (...) (22 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: reply framing in firmdl3/rcx_comm.c

--- From: Kekoa Proudfoot [via Pat LaVarre] ... About message framing, I would not say that the designers at Lego had something specific in mind for RCX-to-PC messages. Framing for those messages is very ad-hoc. One thing which is very useful is the (...) (22 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  reply framing in firmdl3/rcx_comm.c

--- From: Kekoa Proudfoot [via Pat LaVarre] About rcx_comm.c waiting twice, I see where the confusion is now. If no bytes are available, the wait will be T. If some bytes are available, obviously you have to wait at least as long as it takes for all (...) (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: constant green light

(...) I don't have this answer, but I can elaborate the question in Two ways: 1) For fear of being mistaken for spam, I chose not to reuse the n=1918 Subject "green light to win". 2) The three fragments of my report of a constant green light in Win (...) (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  constant green light

--- Titled & posted by me for Kekoa Proudfoot About the tower's constant green light in XP, is this problem seen by everybody using XP? --- End Post (Kekoa's not now able to receive authentication email) (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: usb to ris 1.x rcx ir how

Lego's IR protocol is proprietary, similar to that used by remote controls. This means that USB/IrDA bridges will not work, nor will the IrDA ports of laptop computers. If you have a universal remote which connects to your computer, you might be (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: usb to ris 1.x rcx ir how

(...) Yes or no, sorry, depending on what we mean by "a USB IR tower". If I may try again, I mean to ask: What should I buy in place of the USB IR tower of an entirely new RIS 2.0 kit? I bought an RIS 1.5 kit in 2001, I'm now beginning to lose my (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Problems with NQC and math operations

Roger, I'd seen LeJOS mentioned but hadn't considered it as an option...that should really work well for what I'm doing.. Thanks, Jeff (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: usb to ris 1.x rcx ir how

(...) Do you mean use an RCX 1.0 with a USB IR tower? Nothing special required. The IR protocol is the same. The PC software, however, must support USB, and I don't think the RIS 1.0 software does. (22 years ago, 4-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Problems with NQC and math operations

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, Jeff Merrick writes: I'll probably have to learn legOS so I can use floating-point (...) Hi Jeff: If you are going to learn a new way of programming the RCX, I recommend LeJos. It implements the Java Math class in an (...) (22 years ago, 4-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: newbie troubles (now they in packs of 2)

(...) Unpack. Do NOT make realclean or make depend. Just make. If you get an error SAY WHAT IT IS! Max. (22 years ago, 4-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: newbie troubles (now they in packs of 2)

I uninstalled everything and followed what the website says.. and the exact same thing happened with the make depend command and I got an error with the make command too... weird. --Jason (22 years ago, 4-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Fw: 10 ef 10 ef

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kekoa Proudfoot" <kekoa@graphics.stanford.edu> To: <markril@hotmail.com>; <ppaatt@aol.com> Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 2:55 PM Subject: 10 ef 10 ef (...) (22 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: newbie troubles (now they in packs of 2)

(...) fontdesign.exe is compiled as part of brickOS. The makedepend error you see if a bug in brickos (fixed in CVS). Just don't do "make depend" for now. Also, you can't "make strip" until you've done "make". Max. (22 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: usb from .java best how

(...) Offline thanks I'm told that: (URL) a one page Lejos usage summary in slide 26 of 31 that says `Lejosfirmdl` can download new firmware, which necessarily involves talking thru USB or serial. Code for .java thru .c to USB may only be a few (...) (22 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  usb from .java best how

To talk USB from .java, from Linux ff. 2.4.19, Win 95B/ 98/ ME/ Win NT/ 2K/ XP, and/or MacOS 9/X ... ... what techniques are most easy to learn, fast, reliable, and yet arbitrary enough to support a Lego USB IR tower? That is, what is the USB (...) (22 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: newbie troubles (now they in packs of 2)

I do not belive fontdesign.exe does exsist because I did a a search on my computer and nothing showed up.I did follow all of commands that was in the installation guide on the brickos webisite. However, I did download the H8 tools instead of trying (...) (22 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  usb to ris 1.x rcx ir how

How do I connect USB to the IR of a 1.x RIS RCX? What hardware should I buy, from whom? Currently I'm reaching the RCX via IR via serial from a PC. But I'd rather be using the USB only, no serial, of some "legacy-free" Apple Mac's bought between (...) (22 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  rcx command/ echo/ reply - timestamped traces

As I reinvent the wheel of framing commands & replies, I've posted my latest source: (URL) example tty log includes ms timestamps: (URL) at least this morning, my IR tower works MUCH better on the little triangle setting than on the big triangle (...) (22 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: newbie troubles (now they in packs of 2)

Jason, Try using ./firmdl3 ../boot/brickos.srec this would work if you were in the util folder; from the main brickos folder it would be util/firmdl3 boot/brickos.srec the .srec file is now called brickos.srec 8-) // Joe (...) (22 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: IR header how optional

(...) Yes, I misspoke, indeed from a place of incomplete understanding, sorry, thanks for helping. I did mean to say x 10:EF 10:EF works fine. Like you, if I try x 10:FE 10:FE, I see it echoed but then I see no further reply. And yes x 10:FE 10:FE (...) (22 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: newbie troubles (now they in packs of 2)

I had exactly the same problems not so long ago so i followed the instructions from this site and uninstalled the brickos i had and used the one they had provided following the link. So go to this site (URL) let me know how you get on. Good luck (...) (22 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  JoyBricx is released

Hi, all, I make the program named JoyBricx for remote control Spybot and RC Fighter (#8539 Manas.) using USB LEGO Tower. You can remote control the robots, playback, save and load operation by this program. Before, I made the LTremo76, but it was (...) (22 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: newbie troubles (now they in packs of 2)

(...) You mean brickOS 0.2.6.09.newconf2 (...) Does fontdesign.exe exist? What commands did you run before this? (...) Did you actually compile brickOS? List all the commands you ran between unpacking the brickos tarball and the first error (...) (22 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  newbie troubles (now they in packs of 2)

Before you read.. i'm an absolute newbie when it comes to brickos and linux. I am running the cygwin environment in windows 98 and brickos 2.6.09.newconf2 Ok when I try to run the make strip comand this pops up strip fontdesign.exe strip: (...) (22 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Is there a NQC HowTo out there someplace?

Besides of NQC manual (which is REALLY comprehensive) is at (URL) good NQC tutorial written by Mark Overmars. It's quite old so there can be some dead links, but in fact, it helped me to start with NQC. If you know Pascal, I think it's good starting (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: LNP problem

Hi, I have read a lot about lnp but i still don't much about setting it up for windows, as most documentation is about linux. So could someone please let me know anything about the configuration of winLNP. I have tried a test a program i found but (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LNP problem

Hi, src/rcx.[ch] and rcx/remote.c. This may sound stupid but I was wondering if you have to download both these files to the rcx? Anyhelp would be great Thanks Andrew ___...___ Chat online in real time with MSN Messenger (URL) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Problems with NQC and math operations

(...) Did you considered that the RCX has only integer variables. So, the allowed operation range is -32768 32767. If at any stage of your operation you exceed these limits, the result will be corrupted. For the use of sine and cosine with integer (...) (22 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Is there a NQC HowTo out there someplace?

"Jeff Merrick" <jeffmerrick@gmx.net> wrote in message news:H9p6GK.1ou@lugnet.com... (...) need (...) Jonathan (...) to (...) book; (...) I will have a look at the tutorial from Mark Overmars site. But I've got a "Teach yourself C in 21 days" by (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: IR header how optional -- And Infrared "Warm Up"

Regarding "Henrik Erlandsson" <e.henrik@telia.com> wrote in message news:H9orqL.M9v@lugnet.com.. and others about "warming up" the serial infra-red link electronics. (...) the web (...) does, and if (...) both. (...) I believe the "warm up" concept (...) (22 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: IR header - A Detailed Explanation

Several posts have speculated about the use and necessity of the "header" bytes used by standard RCX messaging. Hopefully this post provides definitive information on the topic. The ROM firmware uses a 30 milli-second inter-character timer. If if is (...) (22 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: IR header how optional

(...) see ... (...) require (...) That's very interesting. And, I've managed to get replies to "headerless" packets as you describe, however... (...) with (...) I still don't see any response to 0x10 0xFE 0x10 0xFE. The even bytes (0xFE) are not the (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Problems with NQC and math operations

Dean, Well, that was the problem...changing the 10000 to 100 makes me get a value back, however I think the error is too big for the robots to navigate effectively..I'll probably have to learn legOS so I can use floating-point and get more precise (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: now normally baumfamily != enteract

(...) Email to update crynwyr? Yes I hope so, yes I've tried, yes we're staying tuned, sorry I was unclear, that's what I meant when I mentioned I had seen a mailto channel work there before. But Lego I don't know how to reach. Do you mean to say (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Is there a NQC HowTo out there someplace?

I was in the same situation as you when I started out with NQC and I found the following resources helpful... Programming Lego Robots using NQC by Mark Overmars is a good tutorial...I probably used it the most to learn the basics of NQC... (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: IR header how optional

(...) Whether serial transmission is as simple as start:data:parity:stop repeated, or not, I still have no idea. But I'm posting again to say in those calculations I was off a whole order of magnitude, sorry. I imagine the calculator I used reported (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: now normally baumfamily != enteract

(...) Email them perhaps? (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Problems with NQC and math operations

Jeff, Your problem is with the 16 bit integer size that NQC uses. All integers are in the range -32768 to 32767. Using 10000 to simulate fixed point math operations is killing you. Everything works when you replace theta and D with constants because (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Problems with NQC and math operations

Hi- I'm currently working on a project to get a dead-reckoning navigation system to work with NQC and the RCX. Right now I have a compass sensor and a rotation sensor hooked up and the idea is that with an angle and a distance, I can get an x and y (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: LNP problem

(...) You need to compile remote.c for the RCX, that's the part running on the RCX. rcx.c and rcx.h define an interface for your application to use the functions provided in remote.h. Namely to turn on/of/break/reverse the motor ports and to read (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Is there a NQC HowTo out there someplace?

(...) Well there are books called "Teach yourself C in 5 days", 21 days and so on... try amazon books. NQC is not actually a full C compiler, it has been simplified a great deal and if you learn the basics from a book, you'd be ready to go with NQC (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: IR header how optional

(...) I doubt anything (short of a 2MV Lightning Flash) will warm anything in 1 msec. ;) Also, the receiver won't warm up until the header has been read in completion and decoded. So I doubt it's used for that. Normally, in any communication, you'd (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  IR header how optional

(...) Yep. But via our solid new reply framing code, thanks again, now I can see ... (...) Nope. At least not here: now that I look, I see my RCX often doesn't require the PC to send x 55:FF:00. IR command packets like x 10:FE 10:FE PBAliveOrNot and (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: command framing as seen from kernel/program.lrkey_handler

(...) Just to be more certain we're understanding each other, if that's ok, I'll mention that ... 1) Newbie that I am, I have no clue how frequently brickos switches on bit masks. I wonder if only to decode xD2 RemoteCommand. 2) Using log2(xx & -xx) (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: frame RCX reply how

(...) Yes helpful framing rules thanks. (...) Thanks in particular for pointing out the before & after rubbish. Me, just now I began quoting this rule in a fog, somehow not immediately appreciating that: The receive framing in bricxcc withstands (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Is there a NQC HowTo out there someplace?

Hello, I have reached the limits of what Mindstorm 2.0 software can do a long time ago and now want to go further. I think I would try the NQC. My problem is that I do not know anything about C or NQC. I have learned Pascal and Basic language (and (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  now normally baumfamily != enteract

Perhaps this is not normal? (URL) don't have permission to access /~dbaum/lego/nqc/index.html on this server. Apache/1.3.26 Server at www.enteract.com Port 80 Yet I'm taken there from: (URL) such famous links as: (URL) wonder if the update to these (...) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: frame RCX reply how

"Pat LaVarre" <ppaatt@aol.com> wrote in message news:H9nAFD.7v@lugnet.com... (...) like x (...) byte x (...) course (...) the 4 (...) find (...) 10 EF? I follow you now (helps to look at the actual code ;-)... I would expect that raw byte sequence (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: frame RCX reply how

Concerning the parsing of LEGO packets, I've found these bits to be useful in coming up with a parsing algorithm: * Packets start with 0x55 * Individual bytes of a packet are sent with little or no delay in between bytes * Packets may or may not (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: frame RCX reply how

(...) ... (...) Corrected/ elaborated in [square brackets]. I found my error by comparing bricxcc to a delightfully inaccurate summary of ~kekoa on replies that I built some time ago. Except again, op 63/6B UploadRam I find only in in "LASM Byte (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: frame RCX reply how

(...) Ouch, we may be framing the hex differently here, sorry. The only x10 Ping known to me is the x10/18 command op that gets embedded inside of a packet like x 55 FF 00 10 EF 10 EF to provoke a reply packet like x 55 FF 00 18 E7 18 E7, or vice (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: frame RCX reply how

(...) can be (...) This is the PBAliveOrNot (or ping) packet type. It has the side- effect of reinitializing the toggle bit used to determine repeat packets. Do you have the Minsdstorms SDK? It covers all the standard LEGO packet types in detail: (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: frame RCX reply how

(...) (URL) bytes Accordingly I'd now guess the firmdl3/rcx_comm.c algorithm for framing standard RCX replies is: (...) 1) Send the bytes of the command packet. 2) Loop to receive up to equally many bytes echoed. If 100ms elapses twice without (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

"Pat LaVarre" <ppaatt@aol.com> wrote in message news:H9n64q.B2p@lugnet.com... (...) I dunno, haven't found one yet, though. (...) choice (...) Touché. Yes, tables, overlooked that. (...) the (...) expensive (...) I think that smaller code size is (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: command framing as seen from kernel/program.lrkey_handler

(...) Mmmmm. I am curious, if that's ok. To get log2(xx) in O(1) time we could fetch (p[xx & -xx]) i.e. fetch our choice of the bytes at offset x 0 1 2 4 8 10 20 40 80 from some p we like. Merely standard C can't easily express that old idea without (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: frame RCX reply how

(...) Anyone know more specifically where to read how Lejos frames standard RCX IR replies? Does Lejos even include any .java code that runs on the PC? I mean to be asking how a PC should frame the standard replies from Lego RCX fimware, not how a (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: frame RCX reply how

(...) Ah, thanks. Can we therefore conclude 45.8 ms/byte = 11/2400 s/byte for each byte of a burst? (...) Tell me more? Do we mean to say RCX in the middle of a football field echoes less well? Should I discard the echo, rather than checking it for (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: command framing as seen from kernel/program.lrkey_handler

(...) (URL) The missing (key & -key) might interest people who haven't used log2 & - to (...) number (...) and (...) log2(key (...) If I'm interpreting your shorthand correctly: there's no fast way to execute log2() on the H8 (i.e. no O(1) (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: frame RCX reply how

(...) Bingo! I reached the bricktools/ of the frame-free: (URL) bytes At a glance, I missed how bricxcc toggles x08 in the command op to let command ops be repeated, but I'd now guess the bricxcc algorithm for framing standard RCX replies is: 1) (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: How to use TowerApi.dll without TowerApi.lib

Hi, again ! I am sorry. I uploaded the imperfect file. I changed the USB LEGO Tower setup and have examined in the state where it is not a standard. Already, I fixed the bug, please download again. (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  framing RCX LNP replies in Java

(...) Thanks I reached: src/org/javastorms/lnp/IR.java (...) I think I see ... readMsg accepts what it likes else dies after reading the first distasteful byte. readMsg likes either of xF0 or xF1, then a length byte, then that many bytes, then a (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  command framing as seen from kernel/program.lrkey_handler

(...) Thanks for the tip, in reply here is a perhaps stunningly ignorant walkthru of how brickos frames standard commands, viewed by the newbie Me from kernel/program.lrkey_handler. The missing (key & -key) might interest people who haven't used (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: frame RCX reply how

Hi pat, (...) This is what you send reflected by the walls, I think. (...) Bits 0-2 of the opcode tells you the number, with 6 meaning 0 and 7 meaning 1. For some special opcodes it is longer. (...) + 1 start bit I think there's some Java code for (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Save the RIS!

Unfortunately, it seems that TLC doesn't have a clear idea of what to do with Mindstorms in general. Their support for the whole line has been less than full - note the failure to update software for their cameras beyond Win98. I've been using the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Save the RIS!

(...) This may be a childish and stupid idea, but given the present news and rumors on how the RIS system is heading, I'd like to see how many RIS & RCX enthusiasts there are. Maybe if there are enough of us out there, we could sway LEGOs mind from (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: frame RCX reply how

I wish I could give you a direct answer, but I don't know. However, I suspect (as I'm sure you do) that what you are looking for has already been done. Below are three possible sources which you can adopt, co-opt, or reverse-engineer to get where (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  green light to win

(...) ... (...) Is exhausting the 9V of the IR tower transceiver a Windows only problem? When my `uname -a` reports: Linux Knoppix 2.4.19-xfs ... then the green LED light stays off til some software speaks IR. But in Win XP, the green LED light (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: frame RCX reply how

(...) Thanks for the link, but I meant only to be asking: How do I make sense of RCX replies ... ... when the RCX is first powered and after I download Lego firmware. Help? Curiously, cluelessly, thankfully yours, Pat LaVarre P.S. Do we have no (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Save the RIS!

(...) This may be a childish and stupid idea, but given the present news and rumors on how the RIS system is heading, I'd like to see how many RIS & RCX enthusiasts there are. Maybe if there are enough of us out there, we could sway LEGOs mind from (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Save the RIS!

(...) This may be a childish and stupid idea, but given the present news and rumors on how the RIS system is heading, I'd like to see how many RIS & RCX enthusiasts there are. Maybe if there are enough of us out there, we could sway LEGOs mind from (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: frame RCX reply how

You might take apart javastorms: http:/www.javastorms.org They've implemented LNP using javax.comm. (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  frame RCX reply how

Anybody know how to divide the bytes incoming from the RCX IR replies into correct frames, preferably using javax.comm on a Linux/Windows PC? I'm told I might want to: 1) Expect first an exact echo of the command packet. 2) Expect the reply code to (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  brickOS in an Operating Systems Classroom

***...*** * brickOS in an Operating Systems Classroom * ***...*** Hi. I just want to report on a little project we did here at East Carolina University last semester. Although we never posted to this newsgroup for help, we need to thank you all for (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  make compiling error

When I try to compile my program I get this error: /course/cs148/bin/h8...hi-hms-gcc -O2 -fno-builtin - fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -I. -I/course/cs148/include -c sound.c /course/cs148/bin/h8...chi-hms-ld -T /course/cs148/lib/brickOS.lds -relax (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: [ brickos-Patches-668115 ] Make brickOS work with up-to-date Binutils

(...) https://sourceforge....5&group_id =58151 (...) Any comments on this? It would be nice to have this issue fixed in CVS. Max. (22 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: RCXTTY-Variable Problem, calling ./firmdl3 ../boot/brickOS.srec

Absolutly, Thanks :-) (...) whether (...) setup. (...) something (...) newConf2 (...) a (...) _WIN32 (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Save the RIS!

In lugnet.robotics, Paul Kleniewski writes: This may be a childish and stupid idea, but given the present news and rumors on how the RIS system is heading, I'd like to see how many RIS & RCX enthusiasts there are. Maybe if there are enough of us out (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Save the RIS!

This may be a childish and stupid idea, but given the present news and rumors on how the RIS system is heading, I'd like to see how many RIS & RCX enthusiasts there are. Maybe if there are enough of us out there, we could sway LEGOs mind from (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact