 Robotics / RCX / Java / 236
235  |  237
Subject:
framing RCX LNP replies in Java
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.java
Date:
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 14:16:15 GMT

Subject: Re: frame RCX reply how
From: "Brian B. Alano" <throwaway@insightbb.com>
Newsgroups: lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 01:06:27 GMT

give you a direct answer, but I don't know ...

sources which you can adopt, co-opt, or
reverse-engineer to get where you are going ...

1. ...

Thanks I reached: src/org/javastorms/lnp/IR.java

http://www.javastorms.org/download.htm
http://www.javastorms.org/data/javastorms-2.0.3.zip
(613,194 bytes)

the readMsg() method in org.javastorms.lnp.IR.class
validates an LNP frame.

I think I see ...

readMsg accepts what it likes else dies after reading the first distasteful
byte.  readMsg likes either of xF0 or xF1, then a length byte, then that many
bytes, then a checksum.

readMsg is not public yet has no grep hits ... I don't understand how it ever
runs.  Maybe it doesn't: its source appears block-copy-edited in the
lnp/LNP.dataReceived reached lnp/IR.serialEvent.

Looks like the SerialPort open is pretty vanilla.  I see (2400, DATABITS_8,
STOPBITS_1, PARITY_NONE) with notifyOnDataAvailable.  No
enableReceiveThreshold, enableReceiveTimeout, enableReceiveFraming, nor
setInputBufferSize.

Thanks again, Pat LaVarre