 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1489
Re: Is there a NQC HowTo out there someplace?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Sun, 2 Feb 2003 15:07:03 GMT

My question is: Where can I find a NQC-how-to or something like "Learn NQC
in two weeks" or books that I can teach myself programing in NQC?
Well there are books called "Teach yourself C in 5 days", 21 days and so
on... try amazon books.

NQC is not actually a full C compiler, it has been simplified a great deal
and if you learn the basics from a book, you'd be ready to go with NQC on
the RCX.

Second Question is: Is there other programming language that is more suited
for me as a newbee to this then NQC ? I've heard of several other languages
like LejOS that you program in Java if I'm not
mistaken?  Pro-Bot is another, and there is somthing called Sanscript.
What is the most used programming language for the RCX ?
Well if you think Java is suitable for newbie, then sure! LejOS is fully
functional and has capable features.

The main thing is choose one that most people use, and is compatible with a
good firmware or can at least be expanded to it. (Like the LegOS firmware.)

I'm going with NQC (mostly because I'm reading Mario Ferrari's "Building
Robots with Lego Mindstorms" and that's what he uses in the examples, but I
haven't really started yet.

Here's the NQC manual

http://www.baumfamily.org/nqc/doc/NQC_Manual.pdf

If you wanna find more NQC, just Google with "NQC How-to" ? ;)