 Robotics / RCX / 1963
Re: usb to ris 1.x rcx ir how
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 00:17:56 GMT

USB IR tower does not need batteries.
Dacta ... in the US ... known as Pitsco
Lego sell ... Mindstorms 2.0 upgrade kit 3805 ... RIS 1.5 to 2.0.

Ah, slowly I clue in, thanks, now I have found:

Lego Mindstorms(TM) 2.0 Upgrade Kit (3805)
http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?id=%7BF1CCC14A-AD2B-4A55-B3B8-CE26CEEA2198%7D&OrderBy=0
US$20

Internal to itself that page appears labelled with only "2.0 Upgrade Kit".

RIS 2.0 does not work with MacOS X, not even with
virtual PC.

Thanks for saying.  Back at that link, I see only Win 98/ME mentioned, no
discussion of Win 2K/ XP, but I suppose "everyone knows" the Lego upgrade
does work in Win 2K/XP, if only the PC is real.

Maybe the secret key word here is "upgrade".  The shortest trail web trail I
can construct to reach that page is:

http://www.lego.com/
http://search.lego.com/searchResults.asp?q=mindstorms
http://mindstorms.lego.com/eng/default.asp
http://search.lego.com/searchResults.asp?q=upgrade

Me, I did a lot of wandering before I knew to try and focus on that secret
word.  I collected all sorts of esoterica, for example the Lego FAQ's for
RIS 1.0 and for RIS 1.5 don't mention the upgrade, but the UBS (Ultimate
Builders Set) FAQ does, albeit with a broken link.

Thanks again, Pat LaVarre