 Robotics / RCX / 1962
Re: reading music thru an RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 23:26:21 GMT

the Brick Piano in BricxCC ... in the next release
(which will be out this week, with any luck).

Thanks for the news, I'll look forward to that release.

Something quite like what you describe

As yet this I am unable to evaluate.  I wonder if I've grabbed the right
stuff to convey to my RCX?

http://www.google.com/search?q=bricxcc
http://hometown.aol.com/johnbinder/bricxcc.htm
http://sourceforge.net/projects/bricxcc/
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=68600&release_id=134052

offers Two releases, 2003-01-15:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/bricxcc/bricxcc_setup_3371.exe?download
and 2002-12-05:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/bricxcc/bricxcc_setup_3366.exe?download

I tried 2003-01-15.  I see there Tools --> Brick Piano is unavailable except
when I actually do have an RCX connected.

But maybe 2002-12-05 will work for me, once I again colocate myself with my RCX?

once I again colocate myself with my RCX

Hmmmm.  Maybe it's time to again look into that virtual RCX project that
Dave Baum launched ...

would be possible to use any MIDI sequencer
then convert

Would this defeat the point?  I suppose we could configure a songwriter for
the PC sound card to sound exactly like an RCX, and then play the song on
the robot.  But I think we'd rather play the song as we create it, then play
it back with correct timing.

Pat LaVarre