 Robotics / RCX / 1960
Re: reading music thru an RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 13:52:30 GMT

Anybody already write code to play notes thru the
RCX as they are chosen, keep a history of the
notes, replay the assembled tune, etc.?

Without being able to answer the question, I can add that relevant Unicode may
include:

http://www.unicode.org/charts/
http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U1D100.pdf
(127,796 bytes)

u1D11A five-line staff

u1D11E G clef
u1D112 F clef

u1D13B whole rest
u1D13C half rest
u1D13D quarter rest
u1D13E eighth rest

u1D15D whole note
u1D15E half note
u1D15F quarter note
u1D160 eighth note

u1D16D combining augmentation dot

Caveat 1: I don't know if the G and F clef actually are the defaults for
writing music in the key of C that are elsewhere termed treble and bass clef.

Caveat 2: the "combining augmentation dot" doesn't look right, but it sounds
like the kind of 1.5 time multiplier we need to make a three-eighths note out
of a quarter note, for example.

Pat LaVarre