 People / 1803
Re: Wedding Date Announcement
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 02:18:52 GMT

"Suzanne D. Rich" <suz@baseplate.com> writes:
Number one was to wander home in an RV touring and visiting people along the
way. Parking at camp grounds and "roughing it" for 6 weeks or so. Bringing
laptop computer w/ wireless modem. Video cam. A bit like MTV's Real World minus
the whining and absurdity. :-) Trip reports at least. "Real AFOL World"

We did this, but at a much quicker pace.  My wife and I got married at
her mom's house in PA, in 1997.  We drove out from our home in CA in
one week; spent a week there; and spent two weeks coming home.
Pictures and narrative at http://www.wards.net/ (there's also info
including the text of the ceremony, in case you're interested - if you
like anything in the vows feel free to copy them).

We want this to happen so badly that I'm sure it'll happen in the next few
years. I have a well-researched dream of buying a used ambulance and converting
it for the trip. They go quite cheap ($1500-$3000), have massive dependable
deisel engines and serious electricity. Companies unload them quickly as they
age. My brother was an ambulance driver for years. Now imagine it with a LUGNET
paint job...

That's a great idea!  We have a 1969 VW bus, which is just about big
enough but its engine is pretty wimpy and forget about electricity.
No heater or A/C either.  It's a lot of fun, though.

--Bill.

--
William R Ward        hermit@bayview.com      http://www.bayview.com/~hermit/
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."-Groucho Marx