 People / 1732
Re: Wedding plans [was:Re: Wedding Date Announcement]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 15:35:31 GMT

In lugnet.people, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
In lugnet.events, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
Todd and I are happy to announce our plans to wed this Spring.

On Saturday, April 28th, 2001 in Carlsbad, California,
we'll have an informal evening ceremony followed by festivities.
[...]
Stay tuned for more information.
[...]

[...]
I'm setting up a discount code with American Airlines. I need to select a
destination airport. Should I assume most people would fly into LAX or San
Diego? There's about a 50-mile driving difference, yet air fares could lower
toward L.A.  Please reply here ASAP if you have thoughts on the matter.

Out of curiosity, has anyone got suggestions on a hotel, or has a discount
program been set up?  If you can get a block of rooms then usually you can
get some good discounts (as well as some special stuff like the hotel van
running you back and forth to the event instead of having to take your own
car or taxi).  My wife sets up seminars and meetings for her company and so
she's REALLY familiar with this stuff.  We could call around and get some
rates and deals and see what everyone thinks if you want.  Is there any
interest in this?

Matt