 People / 1648
1647  |  1649
Subject:
Wedding plans [was:Re: Wedding Date Announcement]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 22:20:03 GMT

In lugnet.events, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
Todd and I are happy to announce our plans to wed this Spring.

On Saturday, April 28th, 2001 in Carlsbad, California,
we'll have an informal evening ceremony followed by festivities.
[...]
Stay tuned for more information.
[...]

Thanks everyone, for your good wishes.

I'm setting up a discount code with American Airlines. I need to select a
destination airport. Should I assume most people would fly into LAX or San
Diego? There's about a 50-mile driving difference, yet air fares could lower
toward L.A.  Please reply here ASAP if you have thoughts on the matter.

FYI- requests for invites from AFOLs, via the webform, have topped 35. Plus
children, SOs, etc. it's roughly 50 people right now. This is in addition to a
far smaller number of our to-be-invited family members and NLFs (non-lego-
friends). Please "keep 'em coming". I think the LL events pavillion holds about
450. ;-)

Many people have kindly offered help, to me or to other AFOLs. I think it would
be good for communication if everyone concerned were to chat about their rides,
flights, rooms, activities, advice, etc here in this message group, or for
privacy sake, on a mailing list created for the purpose. I'm afraid I'm getting
rather swamped.

In other news, some news people may be at the event, covering it as a story
(about us crazy people (that includes you!)) Any major objections or guests who
don't show up on film, etc please LMK. But I don't expect them to be intrusive.

Some observant folks have noticed that Todd's and my announcement and web pages
don't actually say that the wedding or reception will be at LEGOLAND. That's
right. Fact is, I'm still in "negotiations" (?) with events people at LL. I
probably won't know for sure until at least next week. But rest assured,
wherever our gig happens, it'll be just a short run over to the playground.

more info later..

-Suzanne