 People / 1868
Re: Wedding Date Announcement
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 19:38:25 GMT

James Brown wrote:

In lugnet.people, Aaron West writes:

Suz,
I am interested to know where you have registered for Wedding gifts.  If you
could post here on LUGNET, that would be good.
Or would you rather get Buckets, Tubs, Alpha Team and LoM?  :o)

I asked Suz this question off-line quite a while ago, and I do know that
they *don't* want Lego for wedding gifts.  I believe they are registered,
and I think that information was going to be added to a page that Suz was
putting together with all those sorts of questions answered.

But I can't blame them for not wanting Lego - bad enough to get 3 toasters -
can you imagine the anguish from getting 13 copies of "Timmy & Jar-Jar
Adventure Fun"???

(Besides, it's a wedding, and weddings are well.... bigger than that?  I dunno.)

Back a bunch of years ago a caving friend of mine got married. They
didn't register or anything, but my mom convinced me I should get them a
nice gift like a crystal bowl or something, so I got them a crystal bowl
(and then almost had to open the wrapped gift when I took it through
airport security - there was enough lead in it to give them fits in the
x-ray, but the hand wand passed it ok). They ended up opening the gifts
with everyone present (it was a very relaxed wedding, they put it on for
their parents and us - they had been going to just do the justice of the
peace thing at the courthouse, after the reception, we retired to their
room for more hanging out). Everyone else gave them outdoor items or
gift certificates to outdoor stores. They were very pleased to receive a
special gift.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com