 People / 1659
Re: Wedding plans [was:Re: Wedding Date Announcement]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 17:33:55 GMT

In lugnet.people, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.people, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
In lugnet.events, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
Todd and I are happy to announce our plans to wed this Spring.

On Saturday, April 28th, 2001 in Carlsbad, California,
we'll have an informal evening ceremony followed by festivities.
[...]
Stay tuned for more information.
[...]

Thanks everyone, for your good wishes.

I'm setting up a discount code with American Airlines. I need to select a
destination airport. Should I assume most people would fly into LAX or San
Diego?

San Diego, please. Or John Wayne. The drive to and from LAX is icky compared
to the drive from San Diego. IMHO.

But if fares are a LOT lower like 100 or so, then LAX. Not that I care, I'll
be using miles probably.

When we flew down to Legoland last year, we went via LAX, and caught a
little commuter flight out to Carlsbad airport, which (excepting a short
taxi ride to the hotel), completely eliminates the need for a vehicle while
there.  Can't recall the exact cost, but it was fairly cheap, and certainly
cheaper that renting a car at San Diego would have been.

YMMV - literally ;)

James
(who probably can't justify the trip down, but is looking into airfare from
Canada anyway...)