 People / 1667
Re: Wedding plans [was:Re: Wedding Date Announcement]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 04:32:23 GMT

"Suzanne D. Rich" wrote:

In lugnet.people, Frank Filz writes:
[...]
One thing which would be real nifty is if someone could set up a
room-mate and ride sharing finder web application. I know I for one
would like to be able to share a room and ride or taxi to reduce costs.
On the ride aspect, I will be happy to rent a car and be designated
driver for a group of folks because I don't plan on imbibing enough to
worry, and would even totally abstain if desirable.

Frank

exactly! that's the sort of thing that would make a real difference. I wish I
had time to set up such a webpage, but I don't.

Which is why I of course worded my suggestion the way I did... While I
have yet to be intimately involved with the wedding planning process,
I've heard about it enough to know that everything someone else just
takes care of is one less worry for the lucky couple, and that much more
of an enjoyable experience for all.

A good offer like yours, Frank, is the kind of thing that could make a
difference between someone attending or not. So getting that word out, then
displaying the expected status of your carload would be ideal.

I will certainly do so, and until a web page gets set up, folks should
feel free to e-mail me if they would like to try and pool resources, of
course it will be easier once people start making flight plans, so I
suggest folks make those first, and then we can figure out how many cars
to rent (and of which types - if a large number of folks are coming into
the same airport at the same time, it may pay to rent a minivan or 15
passenger van instead of a car, and then that's several more folks who
don't have to worry about drinking and driving (and having driven van
loads of people places, I can attest that there is nothing more
enjoyable than a ride with a bunch of good friends).

Frank