 People / 1666
Re: Wedding plans [was:Re: Wedding Date Announcement]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 03:43:36 GMT

I'm setting up a discount code with American Airlines. I need to select a
destination airport. Should I assume most people would fly into LAX or San
Diego?

San Diego, please. Or John Wayne. The drive to and from LAX is icky compared
to the drive from San Diego. IMHO.

But if fares are a LOT lower like 100 or so, then LAX. Not that I care, I'll
be using miles probably.

LAX is not the way to go, for 2 reasons - it is the most expensive, and the
drive will kill you. Driving from LAX to legoland will be a pain in the
rear. And it is at least a 2+ hour drive with no traffic (like that ever
happens). San Diego airport is probally the best choice, I do think it will
cost just a little more going into SD than int John Wayne (Orange County),
but the drive is really nice! It will only be about a 45 minute drive, plus
it will be an easy drive. Going into John Wayne will probally be the
cheapest, but I would rather go into SD (if I was out of town). There is a
wide range of hotels in that area, from the lavish four seasons resort to
the cheap super 8.
Mark