 People / 1651
Re: Wedding plans [was:Re: Wedding Date Announcement]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 04:22:40 GMT

"Suzanne D. Rich" wrote:

I'm setting up a discount code with American Airlines. I need to select a
destination airport. Should I assume most people would fly into LAX or San
Diego? There's about a 50-mile driving difference, yet air fares could lower
toward L.A.  Please reply here ASAP if you have thoughts on the matter.

I strongly suggest San Diego.  LAX is at least an hour extra drive,
assuming the freeways have no traffic. (ha!)   I'd say that San Diego
and John Wayne (Orange County) are the only reasonable airports for
people visiting Carlsbad, and of the two, San Diego is much cheaper.
Also, when my sister going to school in Waltham, she found that flights
between Boston and San Diego were usually about the same as, but
sometimes cheaper than, flights to Los Angeles.

--
Tim Buchheim