 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *5859 (-100)
  Re: rtl 13 rules

(...) It could get waaay too confusing... 'bot A gets up, 'bot B gets up, 'bot B pushes 'bot A off but in the action of pushing falls off himself, but 'bot A says he pulled 'bot B off... At the end of 3 minutes if there are no stacked blocks, there (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train4 Progress

(...) I'd love to take credit for that idea, but I got it from someone else's monumental architecture here on Lugnet. (I'm afraid a quick search has failed to find it) Including the use of the lions as capitals... I just shrunk it to fit the scale (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl 13 rules

(...) In this case BOTH robots would get 1/2 point (draw) for being on the pedestal at some point during the match. Robots would only get 1/2 point if no one is on the pedestal at the end. As I understand it, it's NOT the goal to keep the pedestal (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Train4 Progress

(...) snip (...) STUNNING!!!!! What a great Idea using droids as statues! ... Great work Jeff! Jeff VW (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl 13 rules

(...) Okay, but that person didn't manage to stay on. So you would reward the guy who gets on the pedestal, but you punish the guy who managed to pull the first guy off, which is a feat by itself. The only concern I would have is if the scoring gets (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Train4 Progress

I managed to spend nearly half the weekend chipping away at my Train 4 layout. I got the grand hotel out of my brain (where it has been percolating for 6 weeks now) and into ABS. I must've done something right: I ran out of 1x4 dk grey arches, (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  rtl 13 rules

What about awarding something like 1/2 point when one robot was on the platform during the match? like: If no robots are on the pedestal (at the end), each robot that WAS on the pedestal at any time during the match will receive 1/2 point. ("on the (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Who here remembers...

(...) Hard enough. Now shut up: (URL) and look at the rules. A better question: Have you talked to the guy at Lillian? Calum (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: holy fire trucks WOW

(...) I tried going to the MegaBlocks site to see if they had better pictures of this set. My advice? Don't waste your time with a silly excercise like that. Their site is a trainwreck of bad design and mislabled links. I gave up after a while, just (...) (22 years ago, 30-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Who here remembers...

(...) NO, our web designer is getting lax with the advent of his new job posting.... We really have to whip him back into shape. how hard can a rules page be?? he just recycles the old pages and changes the dates and 3 lines that explain the new (...) (22 years ago, 30-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Who here remembers... Nothing

(...) One very good reason to show up with a half built robot, showed up at the bridge crossing event.... Jeff E showed up with a robot that could span the gap, and a hand full of pull back motor cars. And buy some fluke, Ka-On showed up with a (...) (22 years ago, 30-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Who here remembers... Nothing

(...) Where did the topic of entry fee come into play? When was this an issue in the thread? (...) I think you only get to poke fun at someone unless you've proven yourself capable of the challenges. (...) Piece availability is a non issue really. (...) (22 years ago, 30-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: holy fire trucks WOW

(...) Yeah...that truck is pretty cool. I am a brick purist, so even though I think its pretty rockin', I still won't even think about buying it. Speaking of fire trucks, here is an "antique" fire truck... its supposed to be a 1929 American Lafrance (...) (22 years ago, 30-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  holy fire trucks WOW

G'Day Seems like this set has been out for a while, but this is the first i have seen of it, in the current TRU flyer. Here is a link on amazon: (URL) a good, nah amazing, looking set! Even if it is Megablok. Lego are you watching! Cheers Oliver (...) (22 years ago, 30-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Brick Counter

(...) I'm leaning more towards the idea that it wasn't a deliberate attempt to deceive. There's really no reason to inflate sales figures to the public... the boss always knows. :) But while doing the dishes tonight I got thinking about this again. (...) (22 years ago, 30-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Who here remembers... Nothing

I just want to clarify the issues at hand: The primary objective of the competition is for the local enthusiasts to build robots and to solve the problem at hand using (hopefully) innovative techniques so that everyone can develop their skills and (...) (22 years ago, 30-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Brick Counter

(...) I totally agree with you. I think it's not very well worded and can be interpreted several ways. Whether that was deliberate so that readers would read in what they wanted to... who can say. One would hope not, eh? (...) Agreed. One wonders if (...) (22 years ago, 30-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Who here remembers... Nothing

(...) I agree with Steve. But, the emphasis should be on trying. If someone sets out right from the start to build a crap robot that doesn't even attempt to solve the problem at hand, then I would rather they just leave it at home. But I love seeing (...) (22 years ago, 29-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Brick Counter

(...) Well why didn't they *say* that then.   :) O.K. I guess I was reading into the statement only what I wanted it to mean, rather than what it might really mean.  But it does point out how tricky semantics can be. What I thought it meant was, (...) (22 years ago, 30-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Who here remembers...

(...) It was actually Tijs, and it was far from being the best robot at rtl10! (Tijs Verwest (say: tee-ESSE) is DJ Tiesto, he's one of my favourite. Comes up with the kind of stuff I really enjoy listening to. Best name the next robot Ferry*? I was (...) (22 years ago, 29-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Who here remembers...

(...) Yes, lest we forget the best 'bot at rtl10... Tiji!!!!!! I am still very impresed by that 'bot! Bring what ya got! Especially you, Iain! Dave K. (22 years ago, 29-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Who here remembers... Nothing

(...) I think so too. I like seeing the half built ones. It also gives the person a lot of encouragement and inspiration to come out for the next one with something working properly. Calum (22 years ago, 29-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Who here remembers...

(...) Shoot. That came out all wrong - I meant to say, it's much better to come with something crappy that doesn't quite function, rather than nothing. I meant to indicate that I, myself, have a bad habit of not even bringing what I had partially (...) (22 years ago, 29-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Who here remembers... Nothing

(...) So now I agree with Steve... I want Iain to show up, even if he doesn't have a working 'bot. I want Rob to be there 'cause what he does always impresses me. I want to mock Chris, and I want Chris to mock me, so yes, Chris, I guess you can show (...) (22 years ago, 29-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Who here remembers... Nothing

(...) As much as I love to take shots at anyone who shows up with a crappy robot, I can honestly say it's always more fun when more robots show up. Steve "It's better to have tried and failed, than never to have tried at all." (22 years ago, 29-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Who here remembers...

"Chris Magno" <cmagno@rogers.com> wrote in message news:3DE6FA39.E6971E...ers.com... (...) To show up with nothing - I've done that so many times now, and I feel bad. I try to build something and it starts to go dodgy and I get discouraged and stop. (...) (22 years ago, 29-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Who here remembers...

(...) :) see, now this bring up an interesting point.... is it worse to show up with a crap robot, OR to show up with nothing at all??? :) I really have to figure out how to post from my work e-mail. Chris (22 years ago, 29-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Brick Counter

(...) I think the clarifying statement that Lego has made about this number is actually confusing the issue. "Pieces sold on LEGOshop.com since Nov. 1, 2002!" "Piece count reflects individual pieces sold and not complete sets" I took this to mean (...) (22 years ago, 29-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Brick Counter

(...) I've been watching this thing all week. Back on Monday night I mentioned it in another thread and it was only at about 42,000,000. If you watch it over time I belive you'll find that it increases by an average of 130,000 bricks per hour during (...) (22 years ago, 29-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: I'm just saying...

(...) That it was a yet another introspective media related show (Arli$$, Garry Shandling, Chris Isaak) that makes light of humour only industry people get and garners absolutely no public viewership. That said, can I borrow the discs from you at (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Who here remembers...

(...) I look forward to seeing the pictures. I have never understood ASCII art :) (...) Sounds like a definite improvement! I found that if the battery boxes are switched on the wrong way, there is no harm done, but instead of 18v you get almost 0v (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 18 V Converter--was Re: Who here remembers...

Uploaded Have a boo here: (URL) volts! :) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Who here remembers...

(...) Resistance is futile! Build a fully functioning 'bot or no banter from you! One year!! (...) Yeah, the innspration hit--first I got the converter down to one 2x4 electrical plate with the 3 wires (2 for battery boxes, one that loops across the (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Who here remembers...

(...) I can't resist... Chris, if your rtl 13 robot makes no attempt at climbing the box, then you WILL be disqualified!!! (...) Yeah. I started with the 18 volt converter posted on the web and modified it. I was using my 1x2 electric plates (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 18 V Converter--was Re: Who here remembers...

(...) <snip> (...) And, of course, I'd observe that if you build two of these, you can use them both as inputs to a 36v system, etc. Basically, if you have N battery boxes, and 3N+1 wires, you can go as far as you like with this. Until the wires (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: MLCAD/Assemblies?

So here's the $0.02 version of how to use multipart files: First, some tips: * Name your sub-models! The first comment line - "Modify" it and call it something descriptive, like "bookcase" or "lift arm" or what have you. This will save you grief (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  I'm just saying...

(URL) I checked, Sports Night was at 7 of the most popular selling box sets at Amazon.com ABC, what were you thinking when you cancelled it??? So just had to let someone know. Dave K. "My sense of humour is too advanced and avant-garde for mere (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: MLCAD/Assemblies?

(...) What you want to do is use multiparts. then when you change one of the subparts, it changes the main model too. It also keeps everything in one file. If you hate tutorials you might want to find a sample .mpd file and just look at it in the (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: MLCAD/Assemblies?

(...) Hmm. I tried that, but it won't update. ie, changes reflected in the sub don't reflect in the main assembly. That's bad. Any workaround for this? I found something with Multipart/Import? Tried fiddling with that. I've no clue what I'm doing. (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: MLCAD/Assemblies?

(...) You can also use the Multipart menu and do it all within one document. Derek (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: MLCAD/Assemblies?

(...) Yes you can!!! Just create each assembly as a .dat of .mpd file. The nopen a new window and go to the add part menu item Edit, Add, Part (Its also a green 1 x 2 brick in the tool bar.) When that windo opens you will see a little check box for (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  MLCAD/Assemblies?

Is it possible to build subassemblies in MLCAD, and then insert them into an assembly? IE, working on a model of a CNC Pipe Bender. I want the carriage (b/y axes), bed, and bend arm assemblies to be separate, so they're easier to work on. Then I (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Brick Counter

(...) If that's in CDN, that would just pay for the 10 KUKA KR500/Robocoasters they bought for Billund*. :) Iain * - might be for the LEGOLAND in Germany? KUKA is German so it makes sense. (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  18 V Converter--was Re: Who here remembers...

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys writes: <snip> (...) Arrrhgghhhhh!!! My FTP server isn't working and I'm stuck at work!!!! Grrr!!!!!! I have absolutely *huge* news and I can't upload pics!!!! So when I get home tonite, I upload then... (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Brick Counter

Has anyone noticed the Brick Counter on the S@H site? It's real-time, and indicates how many bricks they've sold this month. 47 million+, in case you're interested. That's from "LEGOshop.com" - not sure if they include the phone service under that (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Canada, world's cheapest country for Lego?

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Calum Tsang writes: <snip> (...) G'day A year ago, the New Zealanders had the cheapest LEGO... See (URL) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Canada, world's cheapest country for Lego?

So, I was talking to a friend about careers tonight-basically catching up on who went where after graduating from university-and we ended up on the topic of going Stateside to work because she'd gone to Philadelphia to work. We had the usual (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Who here remembers...

(...) So once again, I'm going to reiterate that Rob is a genius (URL) looking in your own back yard before you go looking elsewhere when you want to find something. It looks as if it's modified from the 18 volt converter that Chirs has in the link (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Who here remembers...

(...) What?? I'm not the first hit??? Google! Grr!!! ;) Thanks Chris Dave K -coming from a man who is having fun with Pneumatics again! -Rob's eXpediate being a major inspiration--Thanks Rob! -Modify LEGO? Me?? What--ever!! (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Who here remembers...

(URL) enough, if you type lego sparky in google it is the FIRST hit. :) DO NOT modify your battery box or you WILL be disqualified!!! -- Chris (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Who here remembers...

The 2 battery box to 18 volt electric plate setup? I seem to have lost the link to the site that showed how to align a bunch of electric plates, attach wires and have 2 battery boxes connected in serial (a la 18 volts on the output.) Any info would (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Train Configurator? Why wasn't I informed?

Hi guys, Perhaps this happened while I was away, but have you checked out the Train Configurator at (URL) under Trains>>Configurator? I've got a little 3xSuper Chief 8xHopper 8xTanker 1xCaboose running on my desktop right now. Want. Need. *Sigh* (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: LEGOLAND/Robocoaster

(...) (Should have included this) (URL) and of course, at ventax we are producing a competing robot, called "IKEA-Chair on a Viper".* Watch for the release early next year.) Iain * - not really. (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  LEGOLAND/Robocoaster

This week was IAAPA in Florida (a big amusement trade show). A news report from that show said that KUKA has sold 10 Robocoasters to LEGOLAND Bilund. Robocoaster is a KUKA KR 500 robot (the strongest articulated robot in the world, payload 500 kg) (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  robotics competition in burlington

This came on torobotics. Thought some of you might be interested. DOC ***...*** To: torobotics@yahoogroups.com Subject: [torobotics] !!! OFFICIAL !!! ITS HappeNing, Robot-SUMO competition in Burlington, Ontario !!! OFFICIAL !!! ITS HappeNing, (...) (22 years ago, 24-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: meeting?????

(...) Well sort of. Did you read the site's blurbage? Perhaps not... Again, it's complicated... but the idea is that you would only go to the site selected if you knew that there were some other people who said they'd show up. The idea is the (...) (22 years ago, 24-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: meeting?????

(...) So theoretically this could have been started by someone that doesn't even live in Toronto. All these people could show up at the restraint to get together and discover the organizer isn't even there because they live in Peru or Denmark or (...) (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: meeting?????

(...) Meetup.com is this thing where you can meet new people with similar interests (in safe public places at a prearranged time) by registering, it's hard to explain, did you go to the URL itself? You won't be invited unless you register and say (...) (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Surprise, but then not...

So I get home from work late last night, around 11pm. Long hours, release this coming Friday. All is not good for more then one reason. I check my mail while waiting for the elevator and there is a pile of it. But under all the bills and spam that (...) (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: meeting?????

(...) What's that all about? I think I'm an AFOL and I live near Toronto. Maybe, maybe not. Does anyone know about this? Dave K. (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  meeting?????

I'm back... I've been away from a good working computer for a few day. (stupid office XP work machine) I'm trying to do a bit of catch up so It will take me a day or two to reply to some posts. (don't worry steve, I have NOT forgot about your (...) (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Sheppard Line Review

"Derek Raycraft" <derek.raycraft@sitraka.com> wrote in message news:3DDEC021.209010...aka.com... (...) Okay, that makes sense. It looks really, really bizzare! (...) About half the trains we were on today outside of the Sheppard line had the new (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Sheppard Line Review

(...) I saw one of the displays that the TTC setup before construction began and the guy there said the center platform was for future expansion of the platform. If this interchange gets really busy then will finish the middle and it will become a (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Sheppard Line Review

This is just a quick run down of my thoughts on the new line. Dad and I arrived about 10 minutes after everything opened up to the public; we'd parked at Yorkdale, and went over from there on the subway. o Sheppard-Yonge This station is now the new (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto13 Multiple Robots and Scoring

How about (as in RTL11) 1 point for *clearly* getting all parts of the robot off the table and 1 point if you're still the only one on top at the end of the round. This would reward a robot that successfully makes the attempt to climb the box but (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Working for the next rtlToronto project! Updating my trains!

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Dean Husby writes: <snip> (...) Thanks for looking, Dean. As stated earlier (and adding to the list of admirers already) I really liked your engine. I'm going to tweak my magnet holders to see if I can come up with (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Sheppard Line Opens Soon

Look at the second picture and the page! they are actually using Technik beams to support the construction!! Cheers Oliver Well they sure look like technik beams. "Iain Hendry" <ihendry@ventax.com> wrote in message news:H5vnrM.DLI@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Lego League Story...

(...) I quote Mr. Scott on this one... "The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain!" When Guelph had its first sumo match, the rules were the 'bot had to fit within 1 cubic foot. So I show up with an RCX, and 1 cubic (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Lego League Story...

(...) Neat story! KISS indeed. Is there any way that you could see if your posting mechanism might do some wrapping? Each of your paragraphs in the web view ends up being one line long. Between that and the thread breaking that seems to happen when (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Lego League Story...

I have to tell a happy story. I coach a First Lego League team. Actually, we have one team that works together sharing ideas and building two robots. If you don't know about the FLL, check this out: (URL) The goal is to build a robot to accomplish (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto13 Multiple Robots and Scoring

(...) I think we should aim for two, and have four as an option for the rumble after the main matches are on. Calum (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto13 Multiple Robots and Scoring

(...) Maybe I missed something, but didn't I read somewhere that this would be an event where four robots would be run at the same time, one approaching each side of the box? This seems to imply only two. Matthias Jetleb (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Snap Toys Re: Lego Shopping Down Under

(...) Damnit. I used to (15-20 years ago) buy these little toys which were Korean or Japanese that had sticks of gum in them. I think they were Lotte gum. Anyways, the toys were these little cars and trucks which were multicoloured and snapped (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto13 Multiple Robots and Scoring

(...) At rtlToronto12 we were awarding 1 each for a tie, even if no one stacked any blocks. While I'd agree with your opinion, consider: Robot A gets onto stage. Robot B pushes Robot A off, yet in ensuing battle, gets knocked off itself. Should they (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtl12 pictures...

(...) Oh ya.... I remember now..... I BROKE the legway. YEP, a sad day in lego history..... the first man to build a self balancing robot, and I go and break it. now we will never know..... :( Chris to quote nelso from the simpsons Ah-HA! :) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Delightful Radio Shack VIC20 Robot Article

I used to LOVE those Osborne books! In grade 8 we built the robot described in one of them, but had it run off a C-64 rather than a VIC 20 or Spectrum or whatever it was that was described in the book. We got it to work, though someone's older (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  rtl12 pictures...

I got these pics posted as quick as I could... well, not really. They're from rtl12 (URL) you can see, the day started when Chris broke my Legway. There are also some pictures of the design stage of my base station (robot) Steve (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Sheppard Line Opens Soon

(...) Oh, I so have to post this: (URL) a bit we were convinced that a humanoid figure was staring at us from the end of the tunnel, but as we got closer it became obvious that it was actually just a propane tank with a lot of personality." Really (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Sheppard Line Opens Soon

Heya, I've mentioned this at other dinners and such. Anyway, from TransitToronto ( (URL) ), the Sheppard Line opens for revenue service at 9h on Sunday, November 24th. This Friday, from Noon-14h, is some kind of opening celebration thingie and you (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Working for the next rtlToronto project! Updating my trains!

(...) I hear you. I've had to put the small black elastics in the magnets to ensure they don't uncouple. (...) Very nice! Good show! Nice to see fellow Canadian's hard at work! Dean (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  RIS Sets

All, John Barnes is willing to pick up sets at KBToys for us... Anyone interested should email him off list separately.... Cheers, Ralph ---...--- Buy "LEGO Spybotics Secret Agent Training Manual" (URL) ---...--- Reply to: rhempel at bmts dot com (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Sledge Hammer

(...) NO! NO!!! I didn't think SpongeBob existed in Canada?! I hoped??? (I first "met" him at Paramount Kings Island in Cincinatti, what a HORRIBLE THING HE IS) Iain (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Sledge Hammer

(...) Wow!! SpongeBob in 3D!! Derek (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Sledge Hammer

It's only out of sheer giddiness that I'm posting this: (URL) they finally announced. The concept art for Sledge Hammer looks *awesome*. If you click on "Media Centre" at the bottom you can see some of the construction pics of them laying the rebar (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Taking the high road...

(...) Steve, this list is restricted to people we like, and that includes you, so post away! Well, people we don't like can post here as well... ;) (...) See, taking the high road. Sure you could have resorted to name calling and mud slinging, but (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Taking the high road...

As I understand it, this list is not restricted to LEGO, so please forgive me if I'm out of line. ----- Original Message ----- From: "David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> Subject: Taking the high road... (...) Few of you know me beyond the (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Working for the next rtlToronto project! Updating my trains!

Inspired by the awesome creation here: (URL) revamped my 3 diesel engines. First I tried to attach the stairs to the chassis, as above, but I found the magnet holders stick too far out, and if you have 3 engines in a row, the arms holding the (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego Shopping Down Under

(...) Whoa... that is cool. A hubless Ferris wheel! With a roller coaster going through it. Well, I guess my new RCT II is already obsolete, it doesn't have hubless Ferris wheel as a gentle ride choice. Sigh. :-) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Lego Shopping Down Under

"Benjamin Medinets" <bmedinets@excite.com> wrote in message news:H5sw9H.9ML@lugnet.com... (...) Lotte World is incredible. They have a *fantastic* lineup of very, very unique rides there. They had the first Gyro Drop (there are only 2 in the world - (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Lego Shopping Down Under

(...) ....D'OH!!!...!!! I could have went here!! I was in South Korea for a year, and visited the Seoul a couple of times! It makes me somewhat sad that I never went to Lotte World...though I did get to ride the mass transit there... I think the (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Orthoglide Movie

"Bob Fay" <rfay@attbi.com> wrote in message news:H5snp3.70J@lugnet.com... (...) Orthoglide (...) worked (...) HER VOICE!!!...!!! I NEED THIS WOMAN *NOW.* I would have her say things like-- "Please stand clear of the doors." "The next station is (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto13 Multiple Robots and Scoring

(...) that hurt. :) your so lucky i do not have my work e-mail set up to post to lugnet... or for that matter remembering my pass to lugnet to post via web.... that being said, i was going to say what if i made a robot that raced AROUND the box and (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Lego Shopping Down Under

"Derek Raycraft" <derek.raycraft@sitraka.com> wrote in message news:3DD9827F.303090...aka.com... (...) (one (...) Hurricane is playing at SixFlags Mexico, there's another at Lotte World in Seoul, Korea, and the last one is in Japan, and I can't for (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Lego Shopping Down Under

(...) Where are the other 3? Derek (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Lego Shopping Down Under

"Jeff Elliott" <jeffe@telepres.com> wrote in message news:3DD96475.AEEF48...res.com... (...) Did you go to Dreamworld? They have a Vekoma Waikiki Wave Super Flip (one of 4 in the entire world!). Iain (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Orthoglide Movie

I received a link to an Orthoglide site. There is a movie of the Orthoglide machine mockup in action. Very impressive. I wish my Lego version had worked so well. The QuickTime movie is 23Meg. Here is the link. (URL) of the information is in French, (...) (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics)

  Lego Shopping Down Under

Hi all, So, during my travels hither and thither almost* all over Australia, I had occasion to poke my head into a few toy shops. Most had the usual run of recent sets. But in Kingscote, Kangeroo Island, South Australia (population ~1500), I ran (...) (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Taking the high road...

Take the high road--don't get mired into the name calling and mud slinging... The scenario: Private parking spaces in a very small private lot in downtown Toronto. I have been paying for a parking space in this lot since June. I only park there on (...) (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto13 Multiple Robots and Scoring

(...) Yes, welcome back Jeff, hope the vacation went well. (...) I think we said 3 minutes. 3 minutes worked well for block stacking this last time. Its enough time for things to happen, but not so long that people get board if they don't. Derek (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto13 Multiple Robots and Scoring

(...) WB Jeff! If neither 'bot is on the platform at the end of 3 minutes, both get 0. Sounds good to me. It's still a tied score--0-0 ;) Is it going to be 3 minutes or 5 minutes? Wondering. Dave K (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact