 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5776
5775  |  5777
Subject:
Sledge Hammer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 20:06:01 GMT

It's only out of sheer giddiness that I'm posting this:

http://www.canadas-wonderland.com/attractions_newproduct.jsp

Yeah, they finally announced.  The concept art for Sledge Hammer looks
*awesome*.

If you click on "Media Centre" at the bottom you can see some of the
construction pics of them laying the rebar in the giant pit they've
excavated for the ride centre.  BIG.

I really think this would be awesome to model.  I could do the arms out a
lot of those whicked studless angle-beams or something.  It's always an
issue to get power to a rotating thing, though. :(

(IE, how do I drive the gondola rotation, or drive the actuators that tilt
the gondola?)

    Iain