 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5763
5762  |  5764
Subject:
Lego Shopping Down Under
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 22:06:45 GMT

Hi all,

So, during my travels hither and thither almost* all over Australia, I
had occasion to poke my head into a few toy shops.  Most had the usual
run of recent sets.  But in Kingscote, Kangeroo Island, South Australia
(population ~1500), I ran into a nice little shop.  The lady running it
came over and asking if I was looking for Galidor... ah well.

Anyway, I wound up buying the 4532 Level crossing (circa 1996) that was
there.  The other sets I didn't really need, but here are some numbers
that caught my eye:

6337 (track race)
6484 (F1 hauler with micro motor and polarity switch)
6561 Hot rod club
6958 Android base
8857 Street Chopper
8280 Fire Engine / Response Unit
8286 3-in-1 car

She's only got 1 of each, except the 8857.  Most of the sets are
1994-1996 era. Of course, she's got a few more recent.

Anyway, I just thought that if someone here who collects these things
really wanted one of these, I could pass along the contact info.  She
said she's happy to do mail order.  Prices are pretty normal shelf
prices - 5 to 15% below MSRP.

Cheers!

Jeff E

* - Didn't make it to Darwin or Perth, and don't want to offend anyone.
:)