 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5853
5852  |  5854
Subject:
rtl 13 rules
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 13:45:34 GMT

What about awarding something like 1/2 point when one robot was on the platform during the match?

like:
If no robots are on the pedestal (at the end), each robot that WAS on the pedestal at any time during the match will receive 1/2 point.  ("on the pedestal" is still defined as completely off the playing field)

Also, you may wish to add Spybots to your long list of allowed controllers.

Steve

----- Original Message -----
From: "Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 05:11:07 GMT
To: lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto@lugnet.com

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-030003-rules.html

  Re: rtl 13 rules

(...) Okay, but that person didn't manage to stay on. So you would reward the guy who gets on the pedestal, but you punish the guy who managed to pull the first guy off, which is a feat by itself. The only concern I would have is if the scoring gets (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)
  Re: rtl 13 rules

Didn't we decide at the post-event dinner that the box in the middle would be turned 45 degrees? ie, a line drawn perpendicular to the sides of the pedestal should pass through the corners of the playfield. Also, if anyone cares, I calculated the (...) (22 years ago, 4-Dec-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)