 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5797
Re: Sheppard Line Review
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 23:39:13 GMT

Iain Hendry wrote:
o Sheppard-Yonge

The new platform is very odd, and I haven't figured it out.  Trains arrive
apparently on just one of the two outboard platforms, which is unusual for a
terminus, and then there's a large, unfinished concrete island in the
centre.  I've no idea if that bit of the station will ever be finished or
accessable to the public, or what it's purpose is for.

I saw one of the displays that the TTC setup before construction began
and the guy there said the center platform was for future expansion of
the platform.  If this interchange gets really busy then will finish the
middle and it will become a load on one side exit the other side kind of
platform.

The whole line sounds interesting if maybe horiffic in a few places.
I'll have to get up there soon and check it out.

Have they replaced the maps in the subway trains yet?

Derek