 Off-Topic / Debate / 6903
Re: Something not right about Captain Ahnee and the Dipwads?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 22:36:36 GMT

From: "Christopher Weeks" <clweeks@eclipse.net>

I'm just gonna snip out all the other stuff. I'm tired of rehashing it.

<snip>

You said that you like satire even if it's downright mean.

Yes.

You said that you resent efforts to make the world safe for kids.

No, what I resent are efforts to change *my* world to make it safe for
*your* kids. Having kids is *your* choice, not mine. therefore, it becomes
*your responsibility to shelter them, not mine. I resent efforts to alter
the things to which I have access in the interest of someone else's kids.

You said that Larry's aversion to "humor" depicting violence committed against
those who look or act different is overly PC.

That's not what I said.

I said Larry's ascribing human rights to a *fictional* character "seemed" PC
to me.

I did not deny those rights to any *REAL* human being with disabilities or
otherwise.

Not raising your fist in violence is not enough to be called peaceful when you
support the propogation of violent ideals.

Oh well.

The enjoyment of cruelty,

*Fake* cruelty toward a *fake* media construct.

the desire for a psychologically unhealthy environment,

Are you a Psychologist? You know nothing about my environment or how healthy
it is. Let's keep the amateur psychological exams out of it, please.

and the ridicule of a
discomfort toward discriminitory violence,

I didn't ridicule Lar's discomfort. I ridiculed the sentiment of parents to
want to change my rights to protect their kids. It wasn't directly related
to what Lar said, however, so perhaps my opinion was misplaced in its
original posting.

doesn't add up to Mother Teresa in my opinion.

Oh well. I'll have to learn to deal with it.

<snip>

~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations