 Off-Topic / Debate / 6902
Re: The Censors have won.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 22:25:39 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mark Sandlin writes:
Dan sent me an email last night, telling me that he was going to change his
story because of all the whiners.

I am not suprised at the reaction but I am sorry it has been changed.

I might put a few words into the thread as I have spent a bit of
time on this very issue. When I started making my STAC things I was
very careful about what I was saying THRU the comics. I understand
that Dan and Mark may have a different objective in the kind of laugh
they are trying to get. *AND* even I make Jar-Jar Timmy jokes.

I think that Asterix is a better model for Comics releated
to the LEGO universe than Sgt Rock. But that is an opinion
not a suggestion. The Romans in Asterix are the butt of most
of the jokes and attacks yet are not declared evil and worthy
of only death. I had to think about this cuz I wanted to have
a lot of punch-ups in my storylines(most are; with short intro
and extro sections).

Not to give spoilers to my own stuff but STAC ends with the
Undead, Timmy, Jar-Jar, B-Team and all the Town folk learning
to work together. Not 100% but a start. Exact opposite of the
line taken by others. I don't think my view is the only view.
There is a place for different stronger story lines.

I am glad you guys wrote them and I saw it in the original even
IF it is not the type of thing I would do. I hope you both continue
to make comics when the mood hits about what you like.

I will Read it!!!

Best
DaveG