 Off-Topic / Debate / 6907
Re: Distaste for Jar-Jar (was: The Censors have won.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 00:18:47 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Maggie Cambron writes:
Here's an example (remember this one?) in which the creator (IMO) found a far
more effective way to express his feelings about Jar Jar.  I thought this was
hilarious and the best use for Jar Jar heads I've ever seen.

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/brian_h_nielsen/Halloween/Hw2.htm

Yea, that one is certainly more effective. I also note one interesting
difference. In Captain Ahnee and the Dipwads, the reader is likely to emphasize
with the captain. In the Halloween story, the reader is more likely to
emphasize with the kids. Of course, on top of that, the violence is subtle, and
also is not pointless (to the story).

Frank