 Off-Topic / Debate / 26765
Re: We're being attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of culture!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 19:53:01 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Allister McLaren wrote:

   But my point is that science cannot ever address creation because it fundamentally defies logic. God and Event#1 are synonymous. Creation demands a leap of faith.

So you agree then that creationism has no place being taught in a science class?

Yes, but I also contend that theories of the origin of the universe be excluded as well.

Which “theories of origin,” though? Do you mean that the “cause” of the Big Bang should not be discussed, or that the Big Bang itself should not be discussed? If the former, then I agree with you; such philosophizing currently is not suited to a science curriculum. But if the latter, then I must disagree; the fact of the Big Bang has been verified to a sizable degree of probability, and the Big Bang is currently the theory most consistent with observed phenomena--exactly as any scientific theory should be!

Dave!