 Off-Topic / Debate / 26698
Re: We're being attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of culture!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 31 Mar 2005 00:00:58 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, J. Spencer Rezkalla wrote:
   I found the subject quote hysterically funny. YMMV...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1548&ncid=1548&e=1&u=/afp/20050327/lf_afp/uspoliticsreligion

I think what the person meant was that we are being attacked by the intelligensia, the secular “educated” elite,

I would tend agree that is the context of the quote - fortunately, Mr. Mummert demonstrates in the article why he is not a member of this “intelligent, educated segment of the culture” by foolishly combining evolutionary theory and abiogenesis.

Well, OK.

But the reason I found it funny is much more simple... the speaker is basically saying *he’s* not intelligent or not educated, or perhaps, neither. (and you know what, I tend to think he’s right... he isn’t!)

Didn’t mean to spark a big debate about creationism etc, and didn’t mean to do so in a way that caused J2 to break his self imposed ban on participating in .debate either...