 Off-Topic / Debate / 26677
Re: We're being attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of culture!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 16:29:42 GMT

I found the subject quote hysterically funny. YMMV...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=1548&ncid=1548&e=1&u=/afp/20050327/lf_afp/uspoliticsreligion

It's toward the bottom of that story.

Ha! Reminds me of the poll I heard wherein some majority of people found Kerry
to be more intelligent, but W to be more trustworthy. In effect, it showed that
there were lots of people out there who preferred someone who was trustworthy to
someone who was intelligent.

Not that I particularly care about the whole creationist/evolution debate apart
from the fact that teaching Jewish/Christian creationism *should* open the door
for other theories as well, with equal basis in fact. I'd enjoy a good laugh to
see them presenting "the world is on a turtle's back" theory (or whatever)
alongside Genesis.

Not that I think it's much of a big deal either way. Teach 'em both for all I
care. That's what I got in school-- it's just that everyone in the class
including the teacher acknowledged the fact that the only reason we were
learning about creationism was because she was legally obligated to teach it.
Let them choose which theory to believe.

DaveE