 Off-Topic / Debate / 26687
Re: We're being attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of culture!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 18:46:19 GMT

   Well, that’s a big difference! ... Rather than equivocating on some overlap between “the unknown” and “the Lord,” it might be more precise to phrase your sentiment thus:

That’s true, which is why I didn’t say “that’s exactly correct!”. But in thinking about human evolution, a very early step (and not necessarily the first, depending on what you call steps versus qualifications, or transition states or whatever) is the fear of the supernatural, AKA God. Hence, I’m acknowledging that the initial statement was something that I would agree with, but would phrase differently personally.

DaveE