 Marketplace / Shopping / 11385
Re: 6 new bulk packs at S@H
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 18:48:02 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Christopher Wiggenhorn wrote:
Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I can step in here if necessary,
but I seem to recall that changing Coke made consumers realize how much
they treasured it.  After introducing Classic Coke, I think they more than
made up for the blunder in terms of increased sales.

While this may be true, the "loyal" customers left Coke only because there were
alternatives that wern't as vile as New Coke.  Pepsi did quite well after New
Coke came out.

Does this mean that we're all going to switch to Megablocks over the color
change?  I doubt it.  Megablocks are horrid creations.

Dare we hold out hope for a similar outcome?  Our words, actions, and
dollars finally register and after a short hiatus, LEGO brings back the
classic colors.  Adults and children alike are so grateful that increased
sales bring LEGO back to profitability.

No, because without real competition (and because most LEGO is bought by adults
for kids), LEGO isn't going to loose marketshare.  If Megablocks were as high
quality as LEGO (consistent binding power, rounded corners, and consistent
colors), then maybe this would be a possibility.