 Marketplace / Shopping / 11352
Re: 6 new bulk packs at S@H
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 17:00:08 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Anders Isaksson wrote:
   Greg Muri wrote:
   Lego as a company could satisfy me easily. Change back to the original grey and brown colors and move on.
What makes you think you are representative of the majority? I sincerely belive there are at least a thousand “don’t care”:s for each “the new colors p*** me off”:s

By your logic, I might as well take a razor blade and slash my arm because I will only lose a small percentage of my life’s blood.

The real question is how many people LOVE the new colors enough to increase their purchases, not how many people don’t care. The “don’t cares” aren’t going to buy more LEGO and offset the sales lost to the “haters.” What should have been weighed by TLC management in making the decision to change colors is “will increased sales offset lost sales?”

According to a recent LUGNET poll, a significant majority of respondents are unhappy with this change to varying degrees. Sure, only 4% said they might quit the hobby vs. 6% who said “great decision”, but 55% (myself included) said this would lessen our enjoyment of the hobby. In my case, this has resulted in dramatically lower LEGO purchases this year.

   And just for the record, I think that Jake deserves a lot of credit.
I’m with you on that one!

At least there is one thing upon which we can all agree.

- Chris.