 Marketplace / Shopping / 11345
Re: 6 new bulk packs at S@H
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:52:53 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Gregory Muri wrote:
Anyone noticed that if ordered in bulk, these new items do not qualify for
the bulk pricing that applies to most of the brick and plate bulk packs?

I think the best suggestion is to vote with you wallet.  Don't order any of
these and let Lego warehouse them forever.  Heck, they have claimed before
that bulk items suffer from the associated warehousing costs and such.  Let
these rot as far as I am concerned.  Unfortunately they are more likely to
sell out before they are even shipping.

On a side note, has anyone noticed that 2x4 light grey bricks are now on
backorder until May.  What are the chances these will return in the old
color?  :(

Some people compare the new color/old color issue with the New Coke/Old
(Classic) Coke issue.  We all know how that turned out.  When people found out
Coke was being replaced with New Coke, they bought all of the Old Coke they
could.  Some people bought it just to warehouse it and sell it (at a profit) in
the future.  There was some of this going on.  And guess what, the Coca-Cola
Company wasn't making a dime off of this market.  They were also seeing dropping
Coke sales, because people rejected New Coke, despite the "brand image" and
switched to drinking other non-Coke branded products.

I fully expect people to buy as much of the old colors as they can.  If LEGO
stops production of the old colors completely, then these people will make a
killing in the future on Bricklink.

Jeff