 Marketplace / Shopping / 11303
11302  |  11304
Subject:
I'm no longer proud to be an AFOL!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 19:14:50 GMT

Hi Allen!

I've spend 0 Euro for LEGO this year. Normally in the last years I usually
spend 1200 Euro a year.
And I will continue this, because I don't need nor want discoloured bricks.

I have many hobbies and like many other AFOLs I use my money now for the
other hobbies and I started with a new - very expensive - hobby. So I will
never  spend so much money in future for LEGO, even if they bring back the
old colours.

For building with LEGO I only spent a saturday afternoon this year. Really
lost interessed.

From day to day I lose this hobby more and more.
Since several weeks I spend more time to read or write such postings than
for thinking of building with LEGO.

My hobby gets out of focus for me and I will tend to give it up some day
without noticing it.

Thinking about LEGO was always something which made me smiling.
Now it has completely turned the other way round.

If they don't bring back the colours in 2005, I will make a decision, if I
should continue or not.

I don't trust in LEGO anymore!
I began to tell all the people and kids what this company had done and warn
them not to buy LEGO anymore.
I'm no longer proud to be an AFOL!

Kjeld, you should fire these damned fools working down your company!

It is time now, to take decisions at TLC!
WE are the customers!

Dirk

"Allan Bedford" <ExpertBuilder-DELETE-TO-REPLY@apotome.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:HuJAMp.1KI7@lugnet.com...
I know the whole 'new colors' topic has been done again and again, but I • was
thinking today about the way it has affected my recent buying decisions. • I was
wondering if other people had been affected to the same degree.

To be fair, I did buy one set that includes the new colors.  I wanted to • see
them first hand, compare them and then use that as a basis for future • buying
decisions.

So far the decision has been to not buy any other new sets.  As much as I • love
the Star Wars minis, I have passed on the 3rd series completely.  As much • as I
really love things like the Make & Create sets (4406, 4407) I have passed • on
them, with the exception of the 4408 that I bought as the trial noted • above.

So what _have_ I been buying recently?  Well, I've gone back and bought • LEGO on
eBay for the first time in more than 8 months.  I've bought some sets from • last
year (and older) at places ranging from a nearby independent LEGO outlet • store
to a local grocery store and even a pharmacy.  And I've placed a couple of
Bricklink orders which most definitely contained the old grey color.

At the moment I don't see this trend changing much.  True, there are some • great
things coming down the pipe.  I'm jazzed about the X-Pods and a couple of • the
yet-to-be-released Designer Sets, but I'm still just not sure how much • I'll want
to invest in any of them that come with the new colors.  Whereas I bought • at
least one of nearly all the first series of Designer Sets I'm thinking • I'll be
more picky from now on.  Less money spent on new sets, more money directed • to
the secondary market.

Are other people in the same boat?  Has the color change truly affected • your
buying decisions/patterns?  (By that I mean not just your attitude, but • the
actual way in which you are spending your dollars.)  Are there people who • have
learned to love the new colors and are therefore buying the same number or • more
of new sets than before?

I'm just curious how this change is going to play out where it really • matters
most... at the cash register.

Best regards,
Allan B.