 General / 46300
Re: How have the new colors affected your recent buying decisions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 2004 17:51:59 GMT

In lugnet.general, Allan Bedford wrote:
I know the whole 'new colors' topic has been done again and again, but I was
thinking today about the way it has affected my recent buying decisions.  I was
wondering if other people had been affected to the same degree.

Are other people in the same boat?  Has the color change truly affected your
buying decisions/patterns?  (By that I mean not just your attitude, but the
actual way in which you are spending your dollars.)  Are there people who have
learned to love the new colors and are therefore buying the same number or more
of new sets than before?

    I also bought a new 2004 set (Mos Eisly Cantina), so I have seen the new
shades first hand.  I also do not like the new brown and gray shades.
    My recent LEGO buys have been through Bricklink and LEGO Shop at Home.  I
shop Bricklink because there are still stores with the old "true" colors.  I buy
from S@H because they still have some bulk packs in the true colors.  Other than
the Mos Eisly set, the only LEGO that I've bought from stores has been older
sets.
    My spending in the early part of this year went way up, but it's going to
soon go way down.  This is because retail stores will sell out of older sets
eventually, Bricklink stores will sell out of true colored pieces, and S@H will
also sell out of packs of true colors.  I will probably buy some sets now and
then just for the set itself, but not for parts.
    I consider myself lucky, because I already have a fairly large collection,
so I could quit buying now and still have plenty to play with for years to come.

    David "Fuzzy" Gregory