 General / 46296
Re: How have the new colors affected your recent buying decisions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 2004 14:09:04 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Dan Walker wrote:
I have not bought any 2004 sets yet, nor do I have any plans to do so.

since I heared of the colour change I have bought 2003 sets from Wallmart, TRU
and S@H, and I have placed some Bricklink orders (naturally with lots of grey
and brown peices), and placed some losing bids on e-bay.

Last year I spent $11,000 on in store Lego including S@H. Another 2 grand or so
on the secondary market. The year before, I spent about 12 grand on in store
sets, and around 1 grand on the secondary market.

So far this year I have spent around $300.00 on in store Lego. All sets have
been last years sets at clearance prices though. I have spent around that much
on the secondary market.

I will not be buying any new sets with the new colors for some time, if ever. I
have a large amount of classic grays in my collection. I will continue to buy
older sets and classic grays wherever they are available for as long as they are
available.

Steven Weiser