 General / 46288
Re: How have the new colors affected your recent buying decisions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 2004 00:02:45 GMT

Allan Bedford wrote:
I know the whole 'new colors' topic has been done again and again, but I was
thinking today about the way it has affected my recent buying decisions.  I was
wondering if other people had been affected to the same degree.
I havent bought any of the sets with the new colors.
However, I did specificly buy the Hovercraft Hideout just so I could be
sure of getting one with the old greys in it.
The only other 2004 sets shown in my first-half-year australian catalog are
the X-Pod sets (those look too cool not to buy, new greys or not) and
probobly any other World City sets that have the old greys (if there are any)

Its unlikely that I will be buying ANY of the new starwars (due to the
color change). Ditto for the Harry Potter (although I may attempt to source
certain parts that I want from the HP and/or SW from the secondary market)
Ditto on most of the other stuff that has been revealed (Designer,
Inventor, Alpha Team, Knights Kingdom etc)

Had the color change not happened, I would definatly be buying the SW
minits and a whole lot more besides (world city etc)

What I will be buying is stuff from the secondary market, stuff from Shop @
Home (some 2003 stuff I didnt get last year because I didnt have enough
money at the time) and mabie 1 or 2 2003 items (such as the Train Station,
for parts)

Anyhow, its likely I will spend less money on LEGO this year and definalty
certain that less of my money will find its way into the pockets of LEGO
themselves.